Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The HST vote - making a decision  (Read 125205 times)

SSWilly

Re: The HST vote - making a decision
« Reply #375 on: August 14, 2011, 11:09:47 PM »

What bothers me the most is the money being spent by the Liberals on propoganda  trying to convince me that another tax is a good thing and I am being asked to believe the word of a government that said  ,it would not bring in the HST in the first place, that it will reduce the tax to 10% from 12% in the near future. From past history with incometax (brought in to pay for the war and never removed) and the GST(didn't we have an election run and won on the removal of the GST) I have a hard time believing any government when they claim they will reduce, remove or that restructuring a tax will be less costly for the average tax payer. Corperate or bussiness maybe but I have found several items not listed in thier official site that have gone up. One for all families is the tax on childrens clothing. Only time will tell but I have my doubts the average BC tax payer will get much good from this tax restructuring, lets be honest if it did not bring in more money for government they would not be bringing it into play period and thier fav place to get money is the working people of BC and Canada. :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #376 on: August 25, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »

Went to Science World yesterday after the Cohen Inquiry and saw the Dinosaurs film Dinosaurs Alive which was excellent too. But we paid over $5 HST. For something educational. :'( :o :(

Oh well, it goes down tomorrow. ;D ;D Time to fish the Canyon but will try a lake with Terry first and forget politics. ;D ;D ;D

Sorry I will miss you crying tomorrow Always. ;D ;D ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2011, 08:48:09 PM »

Went to Science World yesterday after the Cohen Inquiry and saw the Dinosaurs film Dinosaurs Alive which was excellent too. But we paid over $5 HST. For something educational. :'( :o :(

Oh well, it goes down tomorrow. ;D ;D Time to fish the Canyon but will try a lake with Terry first and forget politics. ;D ;D ;D

Sorry I will miss you crying tomorrow Always. ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully they'll be tears of joy!  ;D  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #378 on: August 26, 2011, 11:33:11 AM »

55% to axe the tax
Take the T out of Morton.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #379 on: August 26, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »

Well the dippers are happy

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #380 on: August 26, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »

Time for taxpayers to pull out their cheque books. This is going  to cost us. Not only that, but it could take 2 years to make the change....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #381 on: August 26, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »

Yup 3 billion in tax revenue gone, hmmmmmmm.

RossP

« Reply #382 on: August 26, 2011, 01:58:20 PM »

I wonder how they will make up for the short fall now. I know we are disappointed, sure made doing the books for the business a whole lot easier. The movie industry is not happy, a couple of my buddies work in the industry and they  know that there will be less filming in BC now that the HST is going. The movies loved the HST and they do employ a lot people and dump huge dollars into our economy. Well I guess the people have spoken and Mr. Bill has once again pulled the wool over the eyes of BCer's.
I Love Hunting, golf and anything else that keeps others off the water.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #383 on: August 26, 2011, 02:20:50 PM »

The PEOPLE have spoken. Democracy- get over it.

http://

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #384 on: August 26, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »

Ooops Double post. Next chapter!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »

Came in from fishing the lake to just catch the results, taped it so can post here later for us to enjoy hearing again. ;D

If the Liberals want to get anything out of this they need to stop collecting it in the next month. Give me a break that it takes over a year to do so as they are saying, they sure brought it in quick enough didn't they.

Also my understanding is they were getting the money in installments from the Feds so it is not 1.6 billion that has to be paid back.

Back to fishing. ;D ;D ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #386 on: August 26, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »

Congrats to you and all the others that put democracy back in our grasp Chris. Take a bow.

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2011, 05:01:18 PM »

Why has it been lost on some that this money has to come from somewhere...while the big-bad HST has been abolished, something else has come up.

Congrats.  Not sure what for, but congrats.
- John A.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »

Lots of chopping indeed. Let's start with reintroducing the bank tax Carole Taylor gifted the banks. Let's look at the pig trough at the executive level at BC Ferries, BC Hydro, and other areas. Don't give me he pay to retain the best and brightest. Those rocket scientists got us in the jam.Let's look at the propaganda arm or PAB, eating 26 million plus annually. Maybe a tax increase on higher incomes that have seen the majority of dollars in the tax cuts. They don't have to pay back all the bribe because it was only part paid to the province.

Lots of wood, too few axes.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »

Unfortunately, they'll find some other way to ding us... probably through some hidden way or increase of existing tax. :-\