Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wading boots  (Read 1579 times)

jacklam999

Wading boots
« on: October 22, 2022, 10:02:13 AM »

Looking to buy bugjet waiting boots size 11-12. What would you guys recommand.thanks

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Wading boots
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 12:28:41 PM »

what's your budget?

I'd recommend checking out the Simms Tributary and freestone boots.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

roeman

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 12:33:13 PM »

Korkers, 1/2 the price and just as comfortable and durable
Are you fishin or catchin

coastangler

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 12:54:33 PM »

A friend has a pair of Frogg Toggs (I think they have them in Amazon) and is very happy with them, but honestly, Simms Freestone are not (that) expensive compared to cheaper options and so far they are like new for me after a few years of decent use
"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 02:41:14 PM »

Korkers, 1/2 the price and just as comfortable and durable

who carries them locally? I don't think they start at $115 which would be 1/2 the price of the Freestones. I loved the switchable soles but the uppers were terrible on 2 pair I had and basically were shot in a year and a bit. Korkers did replace them n/c though.

I have heard good things about Frog toggs and there are other off brands available. No idea what may be decent and what maybe garbage. The most important thing is the fit.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

roeman

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 03:28:31 PM »

who carries them locally? I don't think they start at $115 which would be 1/2 the price of the Freestones. I loved the switchable soles but the uppers were terrible on 2 pair I had and basically were shot in a year and a bit. Korkers did replace them n/c though.

I have heard good things about Frog toggs and there are other off brands available. No idea what may be decent and what maybe garbage. The most important thing is the fit.
Freds carried them last year.  I paid 99 bucks on sale last year..Which would be less than half
Are you fishin or catchin

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 09:05:17 PM »

korker's felt sole is too thin to last. easily run 2 pair in a season. They are not cheap something like $35.

96XJ

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 08:25:21 AM »

Ya , i find that the replacement soles don't last very long either , i'm sure i'm on my 4th set of replacement felts and yesterday one of the felts peeled half off -purchased last fall , so im going to shoe goo it and hope it lasts for the rest of the year - last time it didn't last very long , i'm thinking of new boots as well , the uppers have lasted pretty good maybe 5 - 6 yrs , but have a couple of holes , so i'm thinking of just buying new boots , maybe simms ?

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 08:32:38 AM »

Any way to buy bulk felt and cut out as needed?