Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rains are coming....Be Careful out there  (Read 1160 times)

bobby b

Rains are coming....Be Careful out there
« on: October 19, 2022, 12:05:12 PM »

Saw some things and I just felt compelled to post this..

Over the last few weeks I have witnessed 3 people fall into the river (Vedder).  Either in the river while wading and from on the rocks near the Crossing (dog park run ). In one case the fellows waders filled and he was up to his neck, bobbing like a float! He was close to the edge of the rocks and someone was able to grab him. This is all during low water conditions! I think maybe people let their guard down a bit in this good weather.

Please, when the rains come, be careful. Rocks are gonna be wet and slippery and I would hate to see what I've seen happen in worse conditions with higher water.
 Remember it is just a fish.... there is always another one...safety first.

Darko

• Old Timer
Re: Rains are coming....Be Careful out there
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 12:11:16 PM »

Saw some things and I just felt compelled to post this..

Over the last few weeks I have witnessed 3 people fall into the river (Vedder).  Either in the river while wading and from on the rocks near the Crossing (dog park run ). In one case the fellows waders filled and he was up to his neck, bobbing like a float! He was close to the edge of the rocks and someone was able to grab him. This is all during low water conditions! I think maybe people let their guard down a bit in this good weather.

Please, when the rains come, be careful. Rocks are gonna be wet and slippery and I would hate to see what I've seen happen in worse conditions with higher water.
 Remember it is just a fish.... there is always another one...safety first.
thanks for this bobby. I myself have got a little too comfortable with the river, with such hot weather I've been swimming in it half the time. Gonna have to relearn to separate myself from it a bit XD
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin