Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: capilano river  (Read 34592 times)

jacked55

Re: capilano river
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

uh oh looks like Rudy is getting linched?

DudyV

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »

Obviously I am not lying. Unless Rudy has an identical twin fishing the Capilano....

frozensalmon

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »

The true is Cap is a urban river right in lower mainland !
I guess people are getting excited every year to fish at cap especially when it's all sunny days
Im pretty sure there is at least one guy who fish the cap 24/7/365 lol...

more coho, more coho... ::)

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »

Im gonna refill my popcorn bowl! ::)

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2012, 10:16:33 PM »

Are you sure it was Rudy ? Like you said he has been around many years, should know the difference between a spring and a steelhead.  ::)

It was Rudy that killed the summer run.  I was not there myself, but was told from a reliable source who was there to witness it.  What a beek.  I chose not to name him in my original post, but since others have named him, I guess it makes no difference at this point.  He is a meat hunter, plain and simple.  Even if you did report him he lives 2 min from the river and would be home before the CO's could make it.  Next time I see this meat hunter/poacher I will give him an ear full, I hope the rest of you do the same. 

DudyV

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2012, 11:41:33 PM »

play yeah I will!  >:(

frozensalmon

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2012, 11:55:53 PM »

if you see him do that again just call the officer    when they arrive guide them directly to him   i don't understand how he can get away

more coho, more coho... ::)

Drewhill

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »

Oh, Capilano river report, I caught no fish, but I did speak to 7 other anglers who also caught no fish.  So, therefore, there are no numbers yet.  But that wont stop the 100 guys from trying tomorrow...

But there might be fish in there right?  ;) Better go try it out. Thought I saw a few rise to the top ... could have been small twigs hitting the water

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »

But there might be fish in there right?  ;) Better go try it out. Thought I saw a few rise to the top ... could have been small twigs hitting the water

Well , water level is low.  So are you trying to write  a fishing report or trying to teasing everybody :D

DudyV

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »

This is rediculous. Yes there are coho in the Capilano. How long will you have to wait before you catch any when you go? Go find out. Could go catch a couple right away, have to wait a few hours before any move through, or maybe you will get skunked. Time to stop treating the Capilano like some hidden jewel when it isn't. Coho are starting to trickle in. Go try and catch them or don't. But I think we should cut the crap as far as there being none and the fact that they are small blah blah blah.

As for Rudy. I was not there to witness it myself either but the person who did knows for a fact it was him. Regulars know regulars. No question. On a river like the Capilano someone can hike out and be gone in less than ten minutes. Yes a CO should have been called but even then Rudy would have been at his house sitting on the crapper after having just consumed the illegal fish he just ran home with by the time mr fish cop shows up (usually) That said, if you see something... Call RAPP.

Fillibert

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »

Apparently the co doesn't have to catch the person in the act if there is a witness willing to testify

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »

Apparently the co doesn't have to catch the person in the act if there is a witness willing to testify

wheres the evidence? pics? anything? they wont be able to do anything on someones word.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Old Blue

« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »

They will be able to question the guy based on someone's info, especially if the get a view of the fish and report the license plate of the vehicle.  Charges might not be brought up but the idiot who bonked the steelie may think twice next time.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »

wheres the evidence? pics? anything? they wont be able to do anything on someones word.

x2     ----   Is call prove and guilty..

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2012, 08:19:47 PM »

munch.munch,munch... ::)