Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: why not construct a fish weir over the fraser river?  (Read 9552 times)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Re:why not construct a fish weir over the fraser river?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2004, 03:43:48 PM »

Hmm, Sam, you're online, got your limit already? :)

First boat probs then truck probs :'( :'( :'(.
No fishin' today.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

otto

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2004, 06:14:02 PM »

So if uh, 40% of the ocean's fleet is native owned... how is it that the white people get all the money from commercial fishing?  ??? ???

Seriously, this native versus non-native attitude is part of the problem.  

not trying to make it part of the problem........but when i see the FN's allowed to strip the river clean, and the regular commie fleets sit idle & getting their licenses bought back..........kind of hard not to accuse the FN's of gross overfishing............really gets hard not to tar and feather them when they are out VIOLATING the FN's opening by fishing past the stop hour and into the morning.........lose all respect for them when i see the same fish caught by drift nets then wasted and left rotten........not to mention the odd sturgeon that gets killed for no reason at all............

otto

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2004, 06:28:10 PM »

AHH!! no dis intended Fulcrum !!!! just been a little P.O. lately. was on the Fraser in a friends powerboat (not fishing, engine repairing)....and witnessed the sickest scouring of the river i have ever seen, via driftnets.......also really dont feel that wearing full combat fatigues and masks to driftnet fish is required..... come on..........

Viking_Fish_God

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2004, 01:43:35 PM »

The Fraser River is "The grand Banks of Newfoundland" cod stocks of the future. It must  stop now!!! I know some pretty hardcore FN rights people who are bitter and disillusioned by whats happening on the rivers today?
Sam you seem a descent guy, This really cant stay this way.
You dont have to forget about past injustices by whites.
But dont take it out on the salmon population or we all lose.