Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Agrimarine-closed containment fish farm technology from Canada!  (Read 4786 times)

rhino

• Old Timer
Agrimarine-closed containment fish farm technology from Canada!
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:19:52 PM »

Since you are all active fisherman, what you think about the prospect of investing in the best fish farm technologies from right here in Vancouver?

This is a closed containment fish farm technology.

Fish farms are either going to get bigger and bigger and spread around the world or they’re going to be stopped in their tracks (which I think would have happened by now)

Anyhow, check the report on this company – they have technology that is far superior than the norm, for example:

• Maximizes fish health.
• Prevents fish escapes that lead to the contamination of wild species.
• Implements waste removal processes that eliminate undesirable pollution to local marine
eco-cultures.
• Significant saving on energy use due to the floating tank system (hydroelectric power)
compared with a similar-sized land-based project.
• AgriMarine’s marine-based, floating tank fish farm system eliminates the need for
ammonia removal technologies, as water is not re-circulated in the rearing system

Could be a huge thing in the future if fish farms continue. Let me know what you think and then I’m going to decide whether or not to invest. This type of technology could replace the open net technology and get rid of our sea lice problem if enough people invested!

I could not copy and paste the company report for you guys as it is too long but if you go to the website (www.agrimarine.com) you can see an investor presentation page with power point. If you want the actual report I use to decide whether to invest or not and look at company numbers I can email it to you. Just let me know.

I am not a rep for this company. I am a regular investor in the market. I am looking to buy in to this company as I feel the are doing the right things to protect the resource and potentially sustain a profitable business at the same time with the right support. Our government should be supporting canadian companies like these to promote and protect our economy and resources. The company is traded on the TSX symbol is FSH current price per share is 0.21 cents. In my opinion this is a steal of a price. You can look it up in google finance. This has huge growth potential.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers,

Ali. Smiley

Dr. Backlash

Re: Agrimarine-closed containment fish farm technology from Canada!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »

I did some DD on this company and I tend to agree with you - they could be onto something.  It's great that they've got their first tank(s) now up and running in China.  Only time will tell whether or not it will become feasible.  They seem to have decent management (although I don't agree with John Reynolds' Political views ;)). Only about 30 million shares outstanding.  My concerns are how much cash do they have, and do they have enough cash to sustain the company until they begin generating revenue.  And, how likely is it that another Chinese company will essentially "rip off" their technology and begin to make the same tanks/pens for a cheaper price than Agrimarine?  It's also a very volatile and speculative stock (which I'm a big fan of), and it doesn't seem to have a big following - i.e. the daily volume is extremely small.  But at $0.25/share, I definitely think it could be worth a small gamble and I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this one.

Thanks for bringing this company to my attention.  I'm a firm believer in what they're trying to do and I will definitely jump on board at the right price!

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 04:21:39 PM »

I did some DD on this company and I tend to agree with you - they could be onto something.  It's great that they've got their first tank(s) now up and running in China.  Only time will tell whether or not it will become feasible.  They seem to have decent management (although I don't agree with John Reynolds' Political views ;)). Only about 30 million shares outstanding.  My concerns are how much cash do they have, and do they have enough cash to sustain the company until they begin generating revenue.  And, how likely is it that another Chinese company will essentially "rip off" their technology and begin to make the same tanks/pens for a cheaper price than Agrimarine?  It's also a very volatile and speculative stock (which I'm a big fan of), and it doesn't seem to have a big following - i.e. the daily volume is extremely small.  But at $0.25/share, I definitely think it could be worth a small gamble and I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this one.

Thanks for bringing this company to my attention.  I'm a firm believer in what they're trying to do and I will definitely jump on board at the right price!

Thank you for your feed back. I believe its got great potential. Cash flow can be a problem but the chinese can solve that problem! The only real concern is the cheap and destructive open net farms in our waters. They are backed by big money and unfortunatly government support. If more people took the time to do their dd we the investors can help theses companys take over and end open net farms. In a few years with scietifical backing (which it has) the government and big money investors will be supporting this technology. I look at this stock as n ot only a viable way to make money, but to also invest in the future health of our wild salmon runs at the same time. The economic impact it can have for the people of BC  is huge as well.Right now we are just helping the norwegin companys. Id rather look after home base first before anywhere else. Not the same point of view our government takes tho. Yesterday  this stock went up to .27cents! Thats up 6.5 cents since I made this post! Huge gain! Im in this stock between  .22 to24 cents for sure! Every person on this forum  that can afford to invest should open a TFSA account and invest even a few hundred dollars in this stock.All your gains will be tax free and you will also be helping canadian business/econmomy and helping get rid of open net farms!

Good luck all and thanks again Mr. Iliketofish for taking the time to look into this. ;D ;D

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 04:27:26 PM by rhino »

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »

Mr Iliketofish, 18.5cents today. thats my entry point :).you going in?

Nitroholic

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »

There was a nice segment on the global news today about these guys, stock price is looking good for you that entered at 18 cents  ;D

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 03:31:38 PM »

There was a nice segment on the global news today about these guys, stock price is looking good for you that entered at 18 cents  ;D

i was a nice ride for me. i got out at 40 cents back in late october. i will get back in in the mid 20's on another down day. :) :) I like to the company so next time i think i will keep a piece for the long term and see what happens.

cheers,
Rhino