Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: River and spoon fishing lost a good friend yesterday  (Read 1859 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
River and spoon fishing lost a good friend yesterday
« on: December 27, 2009, 03:07:25 PM »

Know some of you knew him...and some mistook his truck for mine a few times...

Yesterday Jerry Wolten passed away from his battle with cancer...
Probably the best spoon fisherman around who had written articles for Salmon trout & steelhead mag. guided on the southern rivers and was seen on the vedder normally every thurs. during steelhead season or the Thompson when open...couldn't miss his favorite bright yellow izzor line and tan toyota...

Will be greatly missed by many and even harder not seeing his toy at the end of my alley everyday and not being able to go in and get crap from him for wasting my time with the fly out there...

Miss you Jerry!!!

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: River and spoon fishing lost a good friend yesterday
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »

Wow...that's rather upsetting!  I haven't run into Jerry for a couple of years now so I didn't even know he was sick.  Another buddy that I fish with and talk to a lot keeps in touch with Jerry and he never mentioned it to me, either.  Jerry always sent me his weekly fishing report on the Thompson...now I know why I didn't get any this season.  Sorry to see him go....nice guy who certainly knew his stuff. 

You're right Paul...he was a very gifted spoon fisherman!  When I hit the T on Fridays I'd avoid the spots he'd fished the day before because you pretty much knew that any fish that were there were "sore mouthed".

arimaBOATER

Re: River and spoon fishing lost a good friend yesterday
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »

Condolences for the  Wolten family.
Cancer is taking so many people nowadays & in the past.
Know so so many who have died this way.
Sounds like Jerry was a nice guy who really enjoyed fishing & was an expert at it.
In sincerity thoughts & prayers.