Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Milner ... pin woody for the obsessed!!  (Read 11415 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: New Milner ... pin woody for the obsessed!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:05:13 PM »

WHOA!!! thats a must have for my collection! :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

c-pin

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:43:55 PM »

I got my new Milner Talisman about 2 weeks ago ..... 4 1/2 inch / Bronze cage / Aluminum drum.

It's staying in the box for a while  ::) ... in the meantime I'll use my other Centrepins.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »

I got my new Milner Talisman about 2 weeks ago ..... 4 1/2 inch / Bronze cage / Aluminum drum.

It's staying in the box for a while  ::) ... in the meantime I'll use my other Centrepins.

Nice! So did the roe man and I ..however he fished it a bit :-X
weeeeeeeeeow!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »

Hey Roekid whats the point of having a jillion centerpins? Once were old enough to drive. I'll be on my way to the river with my ONE nice centerpin setup, while your begging me for a ride because you spent all your money on your 3 kingfishers

THERE  addicting! And im working like 28 hours a week ..soo I got some spaire cash to buy them ;D When I want a care I may have to sell a few..no biggy :D

ps: ill remember this when your begging me to pick you up :o Ill have my license in a few months
weeeeeeeeeow!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:19:12 PM »

Thats ok, I won't. I dont fish with beeks. Especially beeks that bonk endangered summerrun steelhead :o

ahaha...Hey atleast i caught a summer run.....And hmm if my memory serves me correct...Did I out fish you?? HMMMM I THINK I DID ;D

You were so desperate I even saw you flossin with your yellow raincoat the other day ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:25:21 PM »

Thats ok, I won't. I dont fish with beeks. Especially beeks that bonk endangered summerrun steelhead :o

ahaha...Hey atleast i caught a summer run.....And hmm if my memory serves me correct...Did I out fish you?? HMMMM I THINK I DID ;D

You were so desperate I even saw you flossin with your yellow raincoat the other day ;D
My raincoat was green dumbass. I had yellow boots. I swear I wasnn't flossing. Those fish were just hammering the green wool. Some of em bit so hard they missed and got hooked in the side!!!

Sorry Maybe it was the 2nd time you had your yellow jacket.... ;D Alright this ends here sam..we dont want to anger rodney :) He does enough work on here.  Ghost Fish I believe it will go for 500$
weeeeeeeeeow!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:32:38 PM »

np...you should of left your old post ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 09:36:13 AM »

I've heard a lot of fisherman say "wow, look at it spin"..."it spins forever"...etc

But what's the point of it spinning by itself forever with no line on it or nothing? 

When you put line on it and a float and lead and cast it, the momentum of that action along with river will create a drag free drift (which is really all that matters). You could have a 30 yr old centrepin that just spins half assed on its own BUT on the river it will fish just as well as any of these pimped up models due to gravitational forces.

Isn't the "spin" effect just for fisherman? Sort of like pimped up rims....

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 10:02:46 AM »

I've heard a lot of fisherman say "wow, look at it spin"..."it spins forever"...etc

But what's the point of it spinning by itself forever with no line on it or nothing? 

When you put line on it and a float and lead and cast it, the momentum of that action along with river will create a drag free drift (which is really all that matters). You could have a 30 yr old centrepin that just spins half assed on its own BUT on the river it will fish just as well as any of these pimped up models due to gravitational forces.

Isn't the "spin" effect just for fisherman? Sort of like pimped up rims....

Yes and No... it's not worth much if it only spins in your hand but sucks on the flow...and yes, I've seen old avons that fish fine but with lots of lead...that is a bearing model, 5" and I believe he's selling them for the mid 500's... They are all sold out and you'd have to wait for the next batch...BUT back to dk's question...the bearings have a much easier start up and will cast further and with less weight... I'm not about to get into any b.s. argument about "Yeah so will my bushing model" as I own both...what I've found with the bearing ones..(Good bearing ones, German apec 5 or 7 models)...is they take a little getting used to but are so smooth it's ridiculous...You see allot of really small presentations being fished with these back east...like tiny split shot and 11 gram floats to 6 pound flour. and it handles that perfectly...While we normally don't have to worry about that out here, it is nice to be able to go to that when/if the water ever gets gin clear again or if your fishing norrish for coho's etc...My new baby arrives today..

kind of looks like your wheels...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:05:06 AM by Xgolfman »

Big_E

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 05:19:27 PM »

Bearing start up is important for line retrieval and for the guys that fish slow moving water that is mostly fished back east. Some of the water they fish moves slower than the ditches in Langley and don't want their float coming towards the bank and having to manually let line out due to poor start-up of their drum.

This next batch of reels going out has a price increase in effect. The 5" Kingfishers are $585 CAD, bearing or bushing. The smaller Kingfishers are $500.

Tight lines guys, cheers.

E

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »

Bearing start up is important for line retrieval and for the guys that fish slow moving water that is mostly fished back east. Some of the water they fish moves slower than the ditches in Langley and don't want their float coming towards the bank and having to manually let line out due to poor start-up of their drum.

This next batch of reels going out has a price increase in effect. The 5" Kingfishers are $585 CAD, bearing or bushing. The smaller Kingfishers are $500.

Tight lines guys, cheers.

E

Would you be Eric by any chance??? would be nice to get a full report on what's happening up there... ;)

Big_E

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »

Would you be Eric by any chance??? would be nice to get a full report on what's happening up there... ;)

You bet! How can I help? What would you like to know?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 02:13:31 PM by Big_E »

Big_E

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 02:14:48 PM »

Hey Big E....If you ever decide to sell your bushing model let me know, it's still the nicest one I've seen.

CK

PS  Love the bearing model although it's only been out a handful of times.

For sure man, will do.

Why only a handful of times? They were made for using  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »

You bet! How can I help? What would you like to know?

When are you guys going to join the other advertisers so we can hook all the members up with the goods? ;D