Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are you what you catch??  (Read 8467 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Are you what you catch??
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 08:43:33 PM »

Good luck to you Brian. Can not wait to get out to do some fly fishing.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 08:46:45 PM »

This is the reason that I wont be fishing the Vedder this weekend once again. I just found out today I will get some fishing time this weekend. I have the morning on Sunday to fish before the SuperBowl. No way you well catch me on the Vedder. I will be out catching cutthroat. I will not see a single person on the water I am fishing enjoying the scenery and watching these magnificant fish take my fly.

Why don't you try and hook up with Floon? I bet the boys will be out swinging it somewhere near..

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 09:27:08 PM »

Why arent you doing it now?

Xgolfman I am doing a solo mission on Sunday. Sometimes its good to get out yourself. I am going to try and get some more underwater pics and get some good ones this time. I'll post some if I catch some fish.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 09:29:25 PM »

Xgolfman I am doing a solo mission on Sunday. Sometimes its good to get out yourself. I am going to try and get some more underwater pics and get some good ones this time. I'll post some if I catch some fish.

I don't know. I just have never really fly fished this time of year. Usually don't until March on the stave.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 10:42:46 PM »

I did the EXACT same thing your doing this winter, last winter...and no one was going to tell me any different either...BUT...I also learned, there isn't any bait happening right now and the water temp. is still to cold to make them as aggressive as they will be...Were just in a between season funk...I can't even tie any more flys...I'm full up except for my chironomid box... ;D  Time will come and i'll be out again...wait till the early boatman on the lakes...wooohooo...smacker time...

J.G.

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 07:56:23 AM »

Once you hook a few steelhead on the fly, there is no turning back. It's not hard, all you need is patience, and with the development in fly lines the last few years it has made it that much easier. Plus concentrate on water that gear guys have difficulty fishing. I don't catch as many steelhead as when I gear fished, but every steelhead caught now is that much more special.