Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg leg??  (Read 11256 times)

sumasriver

Re: Peg leg??
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »

Allowable
Casting Lures / jigs / Float fishing  / flies and bar fishing would be  permitted.

BB - only permitted in the window of open Sockeye season

This would stop snaggers / bottombouncers from flossing the  Chilliwack for springs/coho year round

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »

Allowable
Casting Lures / jigs / Float fishing  / flies and bar fishing would be  permitted.

BB - only permitted in the window of open Sockeye season

This would stop snaggers / bottombouncers from flossing the  Chilliwack for springs/coho year round

It sure would however until DFO defines BBing (Fraser style) and says that it is not allowed they can not regulate or control it.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

sugartooth

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 11:37:06 PM »

It's not bottom bouncing that needs to be inforced. It is leader length.
Many people, especially in the States, fish this way for steelhead. However their leader length is kept short. 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 12:57:27 AM »

Sigh... It's not the bottom bouncing, it's not the leader length, it's not the size of the hook. It's the intent, which does not just influence the Fraser River fisheries but also other terminal fisheries across the province.

The definition of that intent is being reviewed and defined by Fisheries & Oceans Canada and other related parties, and hopefully in a couple of years (yes, that's how long it takes) from now it will be implemented in the freshwater fishing regulations.

dcajaxs

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 04:36:00 AM »

the rules will change due to the ignorance of others.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 06:36:51 AM »

Sigh... It's not the bottom bouncing, it's not the leader length, it's not the size of the hook. It's the intent, which does not just influence the Fraser River fisheries but also other terminal fisheries across the province.

The definition of that intent is being reviewed and defined by Fisheries & Oceans Canada and other related parties, and hopefully in a couple of years (yes, that's how long it takes) from now it will be implemented in the freshwater fishing regulations.
Next year. ;D ;D

azafai

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »

I was wondering if you still make and sell betties to these people that you seem to hate so much?

:)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 12:13:32 AM »

If you can't identify your catch, you don't know how to get a fish to bite, and you don't want to learn, you shouldn't be allowed to fish and you should take up another hobby.

Its time things get cleaned up.

Here! here!

It's the intent ... The definition of that intent is being reviewed and defined

Hopefully they change it so that one can't simply say "I'm trying to lodge that bare hook in the fishes mouth."
A rig out of water catches no fish.

azafai

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 08:40:54 AM »

there should be a mandatory introductory seminar available in different main languages for those who are applying for fishing licence for the first time.  guidelines should be made by fishery authorities and it could be performed by volunteers.

most of the mistakes or misconducts done by the new ones in the hobby are not intentional and are the results of lack of knowledge.

perhaps these fanatic haters could be helpful there.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:50:12 AM by azafai »

TNAngler

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

Classes for newbies probably would be a good idea.  Heck, even an online class where you have to take a quiz at the end might get the information out there.

There are a lot of people that have been around a long time though who feel they are entitled to fish how they want and if they can get away with keeping everything they catch, they will.  These people disgust me more because they know what they are doing is wrong but don't care.

Mayor McSkunk

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 08:10:51 PM »

I would support an online course with a quiz at the end. And it doesn't have to just be for newbs , make everybody do it once...I'm sure there are a lot of people out there with bad habits who have been fishing for years.  could be a proactive way to improve the fisheries.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »

lol recreational fishing sectors seems to be the most fractured user group.  I don't hear aborigines complain who each other fish let it be drift net, weir, dip net etc. nor do I hear commercial group finger pointing each other over purse net, long lining etc.

;D ;D

kanuckle head

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »

The first time I saw the Peg leg fiasco, I vowed never to participate that gong show again

Not fishing & defiantly not sportsmanship
Glad the vehicle access is no more