Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg leg??  (Read 11255 times)

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
Re: Peg leg??
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 12:17:44 PM »

Its way to easy to get a license...I wish it was harder and cost more money. 

I would get more enjoyment out of fishing and I would probably catch more fish if these low life losers that just want to snag fish were not on the river!

Lets face it, if all you know how to do is bottom bounce with a long leader and a chunk of wool, you are not a sports fisher.  If you can't identify your catch, you don't know how to get a fish to bite, and you don't want to learn, you shouldn't be allowed to fish and you should take up another hobby.

Its time things get cleaned up.

I was wondering if you still make and sell betties to these people that you seem to hate so much?
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »

nope, stopped doing that maybe 4-5 seasons ago.  Sorry, you'll need to find them somewhere else now.

And just to be clear, I hate people who can't identify a fish and retain closed species, don't handle fish properly, intentionally snag, etc.  I dislike fishers that are lazy and wont try and get a fish to bite and instead try and floss em. 

I'll try and help educate fishers, share flies, bait, tips, etc but we all know that too many people are fishing now simply because flossing made "hooking" a fish easy.  Fishers arent learning and deveoping (on average) anymore because flossing teaches the fisher nothing...even if the fish aren't on the bite, you will still hook em.  ONce you have that mind set, its all down hill from there.  expectations change, you lose respect for the quarry, etc. 

anorden

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 12:36:25 PM »

I would get more enjoyment out of fishing and I would probably catch more fish if these low life losers that just want to snag fish were not on the river!

I would get more enjoyment out of fishing if it wasn't full of sanctimonious judgmental morons who somehow think they have more right to be on a river because they've been fishing it for 30 years.

Poachers have no regard for the rules. Raising the price of a license and or implementing a test will not change anything. Just look at the restrictions on handgun ownership... Do the criminals stop carrying guns just because the law says so???

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »

When you are sitting on a pool of coho that are biting the fly and some beak walks in with 5 inches of pencil lead, a 10 foot lead, and a 2/0 hook covered in red wool, and proceeds to pound the pool to oblivion, cast into the middle of the pool and let his gear sit there (making it impossible to drift), cast over top your fly line, and when you bring the gear in, you see he's also using bait (on the cap)...that was my morning this weekend! 

Did I give him s*** YOU KNOW IT!  luckily it started raining and he packed up and left.  Bottom line, if lisences were $200-300 a year these fishers would for a large percentage, go away. 

These are the same breed of "sports fishers" lining pegleg now.

PS Andrew - call me sanctimonious but at least I try and get fish to bite and I know my regs!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »

This one heating up! Wheres my popcorn? :o

anorden

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 03:01:49 PM »

When you are sitting on a pool of coho that are biting the fly and some beak walks in with 5 inches of pencil lead, a 10 foot lead, and a 2/0 hook covered in red wool, and proceeds to pound the pool to oblivion, cast into the middle of the pool and let his gear sit there (making it impossible to drift), cast over top your fly line, and when you bring the gear in, you see he's also using bait (on the cap)...that was my morning this weekend! 

Well don't fish on the cap then! Seriously what do you expect from an urban fishery???

Having said that I fished an interior lake this weekend and had my peace destroyed by a load of d bags.... 6 drunk ppl in a 12 foot boat with a stereo so loud I could honestly hear it over a mile away. Thankfully I have a wealth of inner resources to draw upon and managed to have a good time despite their best efforts to ruin it  ;D

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 03:52:44 PM »

Lets face it, if all you know how to do is bottom bounce with a long leader and a chunk of wool, you are not a sports fisher.  If you can't identify your catch, you don't know how to get a fish to bite, and you don't want to learn, you shouldn't be allowed to fish and you should take up another hobby.

Its time things get cleaned up.

I think we need a licensing course to be passed before people can get a license to fish. They must prove that they can identify all salmon species before they are given a license or before they can buy a salmon stamp. Enough BS from ignorant fishermen bonking the wrong species.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »

nope, stopped doing that maybe 4-5 seasons ago.  Sorry, you'll need to find them somewhere else now.

Too bad I wasn't looking to buy any, I was just sick of hearing you whine about BBers in the past yet you were making and selling BBing weights...  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :'( :-X

Did I give him s*** YOU KNOW IT!  luckily it started raining and he packed up and left.  Bottom line, if lisences were $200-300 a year these fishers would for a large percentage, go away. 

These are the same breed of "sports fishers" lining pegleg now.

PS Andrew - call me sanctimonious but at least I try and get fish to bite and I know my regs!

Raising the prices will not help at all, more enforcement or some sort of training/test before being allowed to fish is going to help. I suppose raising the prices a bit to help cover the enforcement (angling needs its own enforcers other than CO's or own CO sector that way any money raised from licenses goes back into the sport) and training.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »

There are snaggers everywhere and why did I say that it was accessible? Cause it's Peg Leg! It can't get much worse, plus all those snaggers aren't gonna put in the leg work to fish an area where they can't bottom bounce, cause there is no hole there. Don't treat it like its a secret spot, that's like somebody shushing me for talking about Scale bar. They are both gong shows and if people wanna fish there then go ahead. All I was stating is the side channel is wadeable.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

fish4fun

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »

You guys will be really glad to hear that springs are opening tomorrow in the non-tidal fraser. Better not go out there or you could have a jammer with all the hate you got bubbling away in there. Try and relax more and enjoy your day. Who knows how many more you have.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »

You guys will be really glad to hear that springs are opening tomorrow in the non-tidal fraser. Better not go out there or you could have a jammer with all the hate you got bubbling away in there. Try and relax more and enjoy your day. Who knows how many more you have.
Thompson steel are going to be getting the rock shampoo for sure now!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »

Thompson steel are going to be getting the rock shampoo for sure now!
Not to mention wild coho as well...

LP89CG

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 09:19:19 PM »

This forum is just full of beaks. Don't even have to hit the waters to get it.. great sports

sumasriver

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »

Wouldn't it be simple to just allow BB  for when the Sockeye are open.

What would be the negative fall out to this.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 10:10:14 PM »

Wouldn't it be simple to just allow BB  for when the Sockeye are open.

What would be the negative fall out to this.

The regs need to define BBing so then they can say no BBing. So far they ask for "selective" angling (which in reality BBing is not) however what does "selective" angling mean? I could BB and release sockeye, pinks and chinook all day until I kill a fish I would like. That would be "selective" angling as I selected which fish I wanted to keep.

See the problem with what you're asking for.