Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ghost Shrimps  (Read 12438 times)

bklem

Re: Ghost Shrimps
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »

Lol Nog, I can see it now. One pic of a steelie with a wadd of toilet paper hanging out of its mouth and a week later fifty guys chucking around TP on the Vedder  ;D

looooool

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 01:34:37 PM »

Lol Nog, I can see it now. One pic of a steelie with a wadd of toilet paper hanging out of its mouth and a week later fifty guys chucking around TP on the Vedder  ;D
we all laugh now but this is probably gonna happen lmao

azafai

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »

seriously,
on a logical base how one can think such a thing can happen?

CastCatch

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 03:01:59 PM »

seriously,
on a logical base how one can think such a thing can happen?

one might believe it if there is a picture.
one will try it if there is a video.

azafai

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 04:02:46 PM »

one might believe it if there is a picture.
one will try it if there is a video.

yeah
that is why the "gurus" should post first their own pictures doing that and then can start laughing on poor newbes who just desperately want to learn. 

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »

yeah
that is why the "gurus" should post first their own pictures doing that and then can start laughing on poor newbes who just desperately want to learn. 
azafai, lighten up.  It was meant in jest; if you really want to learn, read all the posts on FWR and other fishing sites..  If you don't find what you need, just ask ... politely

azafai

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »

I don't think I was impolite ..  I just found ridiculing on fellow angler as impolite.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 03:27:17 PM »

I don't think I was impolite ..  I just found ridiculing on fellow angler as impolite.
Who was being ridiculed?
Taking things a little personal aren't you?
Newbies are often overly eager and will try anything if they think it might work;
EVERYONE wants the shortcut to success, it's human nature.

It's also human nature to find humour in things that rookies try or do, innocent hazing so to speak,
(perhaps because we were all there at one time or another and it helps us remember)

What a lot of folks don't understand is all of the other variables that make for a successful outing.
Some will have the fortune of dumb luck on their first trip,
others may try and try and try again with nothing to show when doing everything right and even though they'd had good success during salmon season.

You can wait for salmon, you have to hunt for steelhead.

P.S.  The rubber band will work BUT not because it's a rubber band, But because it gets into the zone and it represents a WORM
(an actual worm or rubber worm would probably be better, but if you don't have one on you, you could cut one of the bands on your leader board).
The toilet paper however, might be a bigger challenge.
(perhaps Charmin; for those soft takes)

bunnta

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »

LOL!!!!  :o

DRP79

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »

LOL. I remember when i was a kid fishing for trout , if I didn't have worms, I put some white bread in my mouth to wet it and would mold a pics around my hook. I did catch quite a few this way.

azafai

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

Who was being ridiculed?
Taking things a little personal aren't you?
Newbies are often overly eager and will try anything if they think it might work;
EVERYONE wants the shortcut to success, it's human nature.

It's also human nature to find humor in things that rookies try or do, innocent hazing so to speak,
(perhaps because we were all there at one time or another and it helps us remember)

What a lot of folks don't understand is all of the other variables that make for a successful outing.
Some will have the fortune of dumb luck on their first trip,
others may try and try and try again with nothing to show when doing everything right and even though they'd had good success during salmon season.

You can wait for salmon, you have to hunt for steelhead.

P.S.  The rubber band will work BUT not because it's a rubber band, But because it gets into the zone and it represents a WORM
(an actual worm or rubber worm would probably be better, but if you don't have one on you, you could cut one of the bands on your leader board).

sir, you are taking it too serious.
all that I saw here was first two guys doing a joke with each other and second some others making fun on newbees based on that joke.
I found the second one not right.  And since the issue of politeness was mentioned in respond to my post I thought to show where that word should be better referred to.
fishing is nothing more than just a hobby for me.  And I am not taking anything personal in this regard.  
I am in my fourth year now, received lots of help and support while I was still a rooky, and appreciate that very much.  I love to pass that to new comers.  And I am aware of nature of humors are made in this hobby.

thanks for your time an reply anyways.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:55:06 PM by azafai »

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »

Where's the day care teacher........? Jk's  now how about those ghost shrimp!! I think i'm going to give them a go with my jigs this year! Now i just gotta go catch some!!
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 03:03:33 PM »

yeah

at one point we were all newbes, but there are newbes (like i was) who did their homework and put in the time to learn and experiment....then, there are those who want to catch fish, but not take the effort nor time and disappointment in due process.

in this age of web technology and google, if one can't see the difference between sound advice and mild humour in the post, then that person obviously hasn't put in enough hours to show their true desire of the sport.