Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: june fishing  (Read 11224 times)

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
Re: june fishing
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »

Pretty sure you have " confused with lbs.

Secondly, you would be doing yourself a huge diservice by not taking the time to drive to the interior. In two hours from mission you can be into some amazing rainbow fishing at that time of year.
i am going to a camp in bankier near princeton and i will fly fish for rainbows which will be fun
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

fly fisher

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 12:31:24 AM »

got to sleep more before posting my brain needs the break but thanks for the help and the corrections

jimmywits

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 09:15:46 AM »

were hoping to stay in the lower mainland thanks anyway. mbye i will go when he leaves
By June, fishing for Rainbows is good everywhere. All the stocked lower mainland lakes will be fishing very well. Last season (fall /09) I was catching 2 lb trout in more than one lower mainland lake. And you always hear of guy's catching the odd 5 lb der. The interior will be awesome no doubt, but if time or resources preclude going farther afield, no worries, get a copy of the Lower Mainland Lake Guide from (www.gofishbc.com).   Tight Lines

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 10:44:20 PM »

Since you live in Mission, how about trying the Trout Park? It's right on the west end of town. Three hours of catch and release for $25, no licence required. Coming from Briton, your friend will be no stranger to day ticket fisheries. Loads of 11 to 13 inch rainbows with a good opportunity to pull some in the 20 to 24 inch range. I personally have taught many classes there and rarely had anyone skunked. When we hosted The Fraser Valley Middle and High School Fly Fishing Championships there some of the top rods marked over fifty bows in their three hours.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »

Here are some more ideas. If you go on Fathers Day weekend you can take advantage of the free fishing and save your friend a big bill.

Looking at a two hour radius from Mission I would recommend the Thompson around Spences Bridge; good holes at Shaw Springs, Gold Pan, down from the highway ridge, above the old bridge, top end of town, Martel, and above Ashcroft. The river is open June 1st, my be a bit high at that time but still fishable. Also the Botainy Valley above Lytton, offers some good dry fly fishing (right of the shore) for rainbows in the size you are looking for. Further up the road in the Botainy Valley are three good lakes (Pasulco, Turnip, and Ruddics Dam) all hold coho sized rainbow but access is severely restricted.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »

FF if you are willing to drive to Chilliwack and Harrison I would just head up to Whistler as it will take the same amount of time.
If you are interested in cutties I may be able to shoot you a PM of places where they can be found up to 18-24 inches.
Other then that the only place I can think about that I know use to have huge trout (rainbows) was Sardis Park in Chilliwack (must be under 16 to fish it) but it use to have awesome spin casting for rainbows anywhere from 3-10 pounds.

This thread could be useful, thanks for all the info newsman.

fly fisher

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 10:18:53 PM »

FF if you are willing to drive to Chilliwack and Harrison I would just head up to Whistler as it will take the same amount of time.
If you are interested in cutties I may be able to shoot you a PM of places where they can be found up to 18-24 inches.
Other then that the only place I can think about that I know use to have huge trout (rainbows) was Sardis Park in Chilliwack (must be under 16 to fish it) but it use to have awesome spin casting for rainbows anywhere from 3-10 pounds.

This thread could be useful, thanks for all the info newsman.
i am very interested in cutties they are the funniest fish to fight imo so could you pm me that location thanks fly fisher.

fly fisher

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »

Since you live in Mission, how about trying the Trout Park? It's right on the west end of town. Three hours of catch and release for $25, no licence required. Coming from Briton, your friend will be no stranger to day ticket fisheries. Loads of 11 to 13 inch rainbows with a good opportunity to pull some in the 20 to 24 inch range. I personally have taught many classes there and rarely had anyone skunked. When we hosted The Fraser Valley Middle and High School Fly Fishing Championships there some of the top rods marked over fifty bows in their three hours.
were about and do they have a web site thanks. fly fisher

Lawsch

• Do or do not, there is no try..
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 02:14:12 PM »

... three good lakes (Pasulco, Turnip, and Ruddics Dam) all hold coho sized rainbow but access is severely restricted.

Newsman,

By severely restricted what do you mean, is this FN land? do you have to call first etc.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »

Newsman,

By severely restricted what do you mean, is this FN land? do you have to call first etc.

Most likely need a 4x4 and a long hike in probably

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

Newsman,

Ruddicks dam is now day ticket. Always had coho sized rainbow but was a slow fishery.

Turnip: Never fished it myself since the access though dry creek bed was just too much of a struggle with all my gear. Do have friends who claim to have made it in and done very well. All easy access is on private vacation property.

Pasulco is on native land. Was closed to the public around 2000, due to over fishing. May be open again contact the Lytton Band.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 07:48:07 PM »

were about and do they have a web site thanks. fly fisher

Address: 31395 Silverdale Avenue

Phone #: 604-826-6471

Email: sunvaltrout@hotmail.com