Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why you should wear sunglasses when fishing  (Read 5669 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
Re: Why you should wear sunglasses when fishing
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »

I was using a spilt shot (glo bugging).... it did hurt like hell  ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 10:04:10 PM »

I remember DMW getting a hook in the jaw after a fish let go. It came right back and into the skin. Needed pliers to get it out. I think it was the fishes way of saying " see it does hurt". I swear I saw a smile from that fish when it was jumping away. The only thing that I have had hit me was this past fall when my leader broke and my float came back and hit me in the groan then the weight came and went right threw the float. Man did that ever hurt.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 10:12:13 PM »

Who says that fishing isn't a contact sport ?

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 10:15:53 PM »

yep i never fish without my glasses,a few years ago i was standing on a rock fighting a rather large spring when the hook came free and sent the pencil lead flying at me at mach speed,it hit me just below the arm of my glasses at the side of my eye and knocked me off my rock,man that hurt ,meanwhile my son is killing himself laughing,i still have the scars today.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 10:34:58 PM »

damn that looks bad! I took my lead in the side of my mouth almost a year ago. not fun, mouth looked like it had a golf ball in it for a week and i still got a scar from it. but in the eye! takes the cake. hope he is ok.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 12:41:45 AM »

worst way i have hooked myself so far was my lip  :'( however my buddy baried a 3/0 hook in the back of my skull one morning casting big lures for coho  >:( >:( went right in to the bend and this was after he had cast my hat in the water just minutes before and i told him to move over more!!! he has actually hooked himself and me a few more times after that, needless to say i dont fish with him anymore LOL

i almost hooked myself in the eye one day fishing shallow for steel and missed a strike. had my glasses on but it came up under them and hooked just below the eye cavity  :o

that same buddy that hooked me knocked himself out one day when a big spring broke the leader close to shore and he got smoked with the pencil lead in the forehead LOL took him right off his feet and out like a light. he also took one in the groin that day later on and the just stopped fishing after HA HA HA HA ! Karma
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/