Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lamiglas "BC series" CA113MHCP  (Read 15762 times)

Dogbreath

Re: Lamiglas "BC series" CA113MHCP
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »

They were having issues with sending the rod back to Lamiglas so i retrieved the rod after 3 months of having it sit on the shelf. Redl sports deals with the Lamiglas warranty issues. I contacted them and was provided a number to contact one the the reps. I called the number provided and left a voice message, but they never returned the phone call.
My experience with Highwater over the years is that they are slow doing everything.

Redl reps-from my time in the tackle industry-are equally flaky and now that Redl has been sold who knows they might care even less.

Consider that there's no money for Highwater for sending rods to Lamiglas and Redl has their own low end units they want to push.

OTOH I have spoken directly with Lamiglass about a non-warranty issue and the response was fast friendly and 100% accurate.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 04:45:03 PM »

My experience with Highwater over the years is that they are slow doing everything.

Redl reps-from my time in the tackle industry-are equally flaky and now that Redl has been sold who knows they might care even less.

Consider that there's no money for Highwater for sending rods to Lamiglas and Redl has their own low end units they want to push.

OTOH I have spoken directly with Lamiglass about a non-warranty issue and the response was fast friendly and 100% accurate.

Thanks Dogbreath and wallygator24! I've spoken to Lamiglas directly and have picked up a PVC tube to ship my rod down. Hopefully i will get the rod back before next year's season.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 07:19:10 PM »

Hopefully i will get the rod back before next year's season.

I don't think you are :D going to use it after all.  Lets bring on the Sage..

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »

I don't think you are :D going to use it after all.  Lets bring on the Sage..

Hey Lou. After all, you did the same thing too. Back in the store room.

Brian Babcock

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:50 PM »

Gotta jump in here! "Dogbreath", you say you were in the tackle business so it really surprises me to hear you slaggging Highwater and Redl Reps.

Let me start with Highwater. Dave Steele has a reputation in this business that is second to none. There is not a harder working, more honest store owner anywhere! If he appears "slow" at warranty or some other task - trust me, it's probably because he's occupied teaching some young lad how to tie a roe knot. Or maybe he's wrapping a guide so that his customer can get back on the river that day. What I'm getting at is that Dave is truly one of the best in this business and he absolutely cares about his customers.

Then there's the "flaky" Redl rep comment. Having been a Redl rep for a couple years, I can speak with experience. These guys work their butts off. To make a comment like you did shows your ignorance of the industry. Redl reps are highly respected for their hard work, honesty, and product knowledge. Why do you think a big US operation wanted to buy Redl in the first place?

Seriously, think before you post. Comments like yours can have ill effects on very good people. Not cool!

Brian

G-Ratt

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »

Brian, in reference to your Highwater post; I live in North Vancouver and have been going to highwater since I was a kid, and Dave is one of the most helpful and genuinely awesome guys in the fishing community. He sold me my first salmon setup and explained how to use it, showed me knots, etc.

However, just because he is an awesome guy doesn't mean that there aren't staff under him who can make mistakes, and I'm sure once in a while he has too much on his plate. I've had 3 friends who have brought rods/reels in for repair/return, and they've sat there for weeks without being sent out. Just this past year my buddy had to borrow my setup for a trip to the Stamp because Highwater hadn't returned his Rod after almost a month!

Highwater is an awesome tackle shop, but they are slow at times. And there is one employee there who is not very fun to deal with, and causes myself and my friends to head to a different retailer on ocassion. He basically mocked my buddy for using braid on his baitcaster (which I see TONS of guys doing), and chastised him until my friend was embarassed and purchased some 15# Ultragreen that he didn't want.

Dogbreath

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 08:20:32 PM »

Gotta jump in here! "Dogbreath", you say you were in the tackle business so it really surprises me to hear you slaggging Highwater and Redl Reps.Let me start with Highwater....
FWIW-I know Highwater going back to when Dave bought the place from Bob I know what I'm talking about I've had to wait months to have rods repaired and finallythe last time I had to walk in and demand my rod back and have it repaired somewhere else.

Then there's the "flaky" Redl rep comment. Having been a Redl rep for a couple years, I can speak with experience. These guys work their butts off. To make a comment like you did shows your ignorance of the industry. Redl reps are highly respected for their hard work, honesty, and product knowledge.
My experience is that Redl reps are adept @ talking out of both sides of their mouths @ once as long as it doesn't take too much effort.

Returning phone calls?

Don't hold your breath it ain't gonna happen.

Why do you think a big US operation wanted to buy Redl in the first place?
Maurice's bought Redls for their distributorship deals and because they foresaw the market changing with Cabelas buying SIR in Winnipeg and Bass Pro moving into Canada it has nothing to do with stellar performance from a bush league wholesaler.

Carl Z
Vancouver BC

brysonk

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 04:31:46 AM »

I just bought one with and islander yesterday from freds's and I'm going to fish it today. I will let you know how it fishes when I get home this evening. Abby store has one left now.