Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lamiglas "BC series" CA113MHCP  (Read 15763 times)

Tommybuckles

Lamiglas "BC series" CA113MHCP
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:34:27 PM »

Just wondering if anyone knows much about the Lamiglas BC series" CA113MHCP? I know lots of people have concerns in general with Lamiglas and their warranty, but I'm just wondering if anyone owns this particular rod and how they like it. There is little information out there on them and no decent reviews that I can find.

Thanks!

wallygator24

Re: Lamiglas "BC series" CA113MHCP
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:05:07 PM »

I don't know much about their BC series rods because they are fairly new.  However, I own several Lamiglas rods and have broken a few in my time. Their lifetime warranty is one of the best.  If the rod breaks, and is found to be under warranty they either replace the broken section or give you a new rod.  It takes time though.  I've gotten mine in about two to three weeks.  They have been building rods in Woodland, Washington for over sixty years. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:06:45 PM by wallygator24 »

Tommybuckles

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 11:23:59 PM »

That's good to know. Thank you. It seems a lot of people are hit or miss on whether they like Lamiglas in general. From searches of other posts some people had a great experience with warranty issues while others had to wait a really long time to get their rod back.

I know Fred's carried the "BC Series" last season but haven't talked to many people that own one.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:43:19 AM »

Stay away from Lamiglas!!! the warranty is horrible. I broke mine in the summer and i took it to highwater tackle where it sat for 3 months. To keep the story short, the rod is still in 3 pieces....

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:51:53 AM »

Stay away from Lamiglas!!! the warranty is horrible. I broke mine in the summer and i took it to highwater tackle where it sat for 3 months. To keep the story short, the rod is still in 3 pieces....
Why didn't Highwater send it to Lamiglas?

Pin-nook

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 08:08:56 AM »

Did you buy that rod from Highwater? If so, Highwater would have dealt with that warranty issue right away but if it's a custom issue well that's another story!

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »

Why didn't Highwater send it to Lamiglas?

They were having issues with sending the rod back to Lamiglas so i retrieved the rod after 3 months of having it sit on the shelf. Redl sports deals with the Lamiglas warranty issues. I contacted them and was provided a number to contact one the the reps. I called the number provided and left a voice message, but they never returned the phone call. So my only option is to send the rod directly down to Lamiglas in the states and who knows when i will get the rod back.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:59:09 PM by ~IvAn~ »

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 06:02:49 PM »

I heard 3 other warranty issue with lamiglas too. All 3 of them took more than 6-8 months before they can have the rods back from the claim.  One was from Freds. second was from Westcoast. and the third one was from Angling west). so go figure....

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 06:11:45 PM »

Hey Ivan. How do you like your Lamiglas rod so far?. May be you should stick with Sage ;)

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 06:38:13 PM »

Hey Ivan. How do you like your Lamiglas rod so far?. May be you should stick with Sage ;)

I must admit i really enjoyed using my other Lamiglas  for fall salmon; however, im a bit hesitant in taking it out as the rod has been discontinued on top of all the warranty issue. I also heard that Lamiglas will not honor the warranty if the rod was broken on the butt section of the rod.  For the future i will just stick to sage rods! You got a 3113mb for sale Tom?  ;)

Tommybuckles

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 07:10:18 PM »

Yeah I figured there would be lots of horror stories about Lamiglas and their warranty.

Fred's sold out all there "BC Series" rods last season so I thought someone may have fished it.

wallygator24

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 07:17:18 PM »

Here's the phone number for Lamiglas in the U.S. (360)- 225-9436.  It's always good to call them early in the morning like when they first open for business.  I have never had any issues with Lamiglas.   You may just have to put the rod in a tube and ship it to the U.S.  If you live close to the border you can always use a parcel post place like letter lock.. etc...   Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:29:38 PM by wallygator24 »

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »

I must admit i really enjoyed using my other Lamiglas  for fall salmon; however, im a bit hesitant in taking it out as the rod has been discontinued on top of all the warranty issue. I also heard that Lamiglas will not honor the warranty if the rod was broken on the butt section of the rod.  For the future i will just stick to sage rods! You got a 3113mb for sale Tom?  ;)

I will sell you all my Lamiglas Rods with spare tips. .  ;)

Trophy Tackle

• Trophy Tackle
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 12:39:43 AM »

I've been very happy with my Lamiglas rods.  They are the only rods I use now for casting metal and float fishing.  You will not find a better bang for the buck.  Never had to deal with warranty.  But it seems pretty straight forward to me.  http://www.lamiglas.com/?page_id=77  Most of the "horror" stories I've heard seem to be at least partially due to the consumer. 

As for the BC Series rod.  I've never used one.  I did play with one in Fred's and the blank seemed a bit meaty.  The 10-20 rating is a little much for your average steelhead or coho rod.

bigrig

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 05:24:30 AM »

I have both, one paired with my Luna and the CP paired with my  new Milner.I bought both at Freds and was told that Lamiglass will replace or repair either will little hassle.They have both been amazing to fish with even though I'm new to the CP.