Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!! Silence of The Labs !!!  (Read 4436 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
!!! Silence of The Labs !!!
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:34:59 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2013-2014/the-silence-of-the-labs

Programming note - tune into The Fifth Estate on Friday, Jan 10 (TODAY at 9:00 pm) for "The Silence of the Labs". A feature on the Conservative Government's attack on Science.

Regardless what side of "the fence you sit on" this is more than worth watching...

Nog

Ian Forbes

Re: !!! Silence of The Labs !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 06:15:43 AM »

So what else is new? The government doesn't want any chance of an official bit of information that might be contrary to their own plans to pad the pocketbooks of those in power. If we can't see it then it can't be happening.

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »

One way to help change this pattern is to support either or both of the opposition parties (who both advocate against the silencing of the Labs) and make sure you vote for them in 2015. I hope this will enlighten some Conservative voters who have voted for Harper in the past - wake up people!!!!  I watched the Fifth Estate last night and what Harper is doing is just brutal

islanddude

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:49:41 PM »

You guides on the west coast should have a radiation detector on your boat. Fukushima has been poisoning the Pacific for 3yrs. Will the salmon you catch  be affected by the radiation plume that is going to hit our shores this yr.?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:10:38 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2429411271/

For those who want to watch it.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

islanddude

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »

Brutal. No testing of the Pacific ocean for radiation. Fukushima a life change event for the world. You are about to be subjected to  low dose radiation in the Northern Hemisphere for ever. The west coast even worse. Wake up it is time to smell the roses. Some say don't eat anything from the Pacific ocean.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 09:15:04 PM »

Well I guess the land based fishfarming will be the wave of the future on the nuclear coast.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 06:37:16 AM »

Am in Mexico presently.No matter what link I try I keep getting"this content is currently unavailable" message as it starts to play.Any thoughts?Suggestions?Bandwith or security issues?
Riverman

JustinG

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 08:55:05 AM »

This is tragic and a policy mistake that will significantly cost us for generations to come. In order to stay a first world country investing in science and technology is not an option it is a necessity. I wrote the PM's office last year on this. Because of this short sighted "accounting" style thinking the Conservatives will not get my vote again because of this issue alone. I suggest EVERYONE take some time and write their MP and the PM's office. There is a vote coming next year, they will pay attention if this becomes enough of an issue.

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 10:15:24 AM »

Found it on utube.
Riverman

Ambassador

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »

Here is a list of the 157 Programs and Facilities the Harper administration has shut down or cut budgets to so far.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/blog/federal-programs-and-research-facilities-that-have-been-shut-down-or-had-th

Ugh.
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »

Never dreamed I would one day be doing a mental comparison of Galileo's experience,George Orwell's book 1984 and Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 all at once to the actions of the government of Canada.Hard to be proud of this shameful behavior.Time for change.
Riverman