Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River Fishing.  (Read 18312 times)

Brian

Re: Capilano River Fishing.
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »

How do you get to that spot under the bridge? I checked it out on my way home on thursday, and i couldn't figure out where people were parking.

Be aware that you may be on reservation land.  To get under the bridge, go thru park royal and over the small bridge on your left, then keep going south, over the tracks and past the gate.

I was told by a gentleman that I was not allowed to fish on that bank of the river, but the other bank was okay.  Not sure about the ocean portion.

salmonlover

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »

when do the springs enter Capilano?

on the dfo website they start to enter september to december

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 05:20:37 PM »

Hey Hill!  It should be picking up any time now, keep trying till you figure out what works.  I will try to get into the lower mainland for a weekend this fall and we can try out a couple of those spots I told you about.  Lets hope for perfect weather.

vapor

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »

Its pretty depressing fishing the mouth this morning, it seemed like the only fish caught were buy the FN with trebles....
but i geuss everyone on this forum already knew that.....
 +post count :P

Brian

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »

Went exploring on the upper section today, found trails to dogleg pool, but there's not much action there.  Fish were jumping at the cable pool, but not really biting.  A fly fisher on the big rock just south of the cable bridge was getting some bites.

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 07:13:40 AM »

Went exploring on the upper section today, found trails to dogleg pool, but there's not much action there.  Fish were jumping at the cable pool, but not really biting.  A fly fisher on the big rock just south of the cable bridge was getting some bites.
Thanks Brian.  When do you expect some increase in the water level so the fish cam swim up the river?
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

mr.p

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »

Thanks Brian.  When do you expect some increase in the water level so the fish cam swim up the river?

The Cap needs rain and probably at least a couple days of it to get any rise in the levels.
The only other time the water will rise is in the spring/early summer when there is alot of snowmelt and the reservoir gets filled up.

Judging by the fresh fish I saw in the CP and hatchery about a week ago, there are fish moving in. 
But not many.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

SpringMaster

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 07:55:23 AM »

The Cap needs rain and probably at least a couple days of it to get any rise in the levels.
The only other time the water will rise is in the spring/early summer when there is alot of snowmelt and the reservoir gets filled up.

Judging by the fresh fish I saw in the CP and hatchery about a week ago, there are fish moving in. 
But not many.

What method would you use in the pool under HW1?  I think the bait ban is on now and we cannot use roe anymore.  So, what would work for coho?
When do Springs enter the river? ???
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 09:44:44 AM »

seeing as u can wade almost everysingle tailout from the highway bridge up to the pipeline bridge and every pool is gin clear and u can see bottom, i spotted 1 boot coho. so dont waste your time. the river needs water bad! the only real time there is consistent flow is around may and june, after that its spotty and either the river is high one day and low the other, or it just gets shut down.
Fish killer 101

SpringMaster

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 10:42:08 AM »

cannt wait for some good water level to fish capilano this year.

When will the Springs enter the river? 
Thx

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »

when the rains come...if the river is too low, its really tough for them to make it up the river

SpringMaster

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »

when the rains come...if the river is too low, its really tough for them to make it up the river

So basically right now the Springs are circling the mouth of the river and waiting for rain?
Can they be caught with spoons or anything at the mouth?
Thx

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 01:47:21 PM »

lets hope soon because if we get a late opening those springs will be black before they even make it out of the salt
Fish killer 101

SpringMaster

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »

Looking at Capilano cam, it doesn't seem the water level has risen much after all this rain.
Have you guys seen any improvements in the river condition yet?

mr.p

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »

Looking at Capilano cam, it doesn't seem the water level has risen much after all this rain.
Have you guys seen any improvements in the river condition yet?

No change in water level.  We need at least a couple of days of solid rain.
There won't be any run off effect until the dry ground soaks up some water first.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...