Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: road conditions????  (Read 12711 times)

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: road conditions????
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »

Unless you have a 4x4, and other things like a shovel, carpet, sand etc. with you,  I would not risk fishing the upper Vedder. This recent dump of snow has covered over all the icy patches so if you get stuck you might have  to wait a while as the tow trucks are probably super busy today.

Buck_wife

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »

another dump of snow in the 'wack. just seen a plow go down chwk lake rd. looks wet and bare, the main road anyways, everything else is icy, and now covered in 4-5 inches of snow.
kids are loving this snow, another day of sledding down our driveway! (we havent been able to drive up or park on it for 2 weeks) :o

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »

another dump of snow in the 'wack. just seen a plow go down chwk lake rd. looks wet and bare, the main road anyways, everything else is icy, and now covered in 4-5 inches of snow.
kids are loving this snow, another day of sledding down our driveway! (we havent been able to drive up or park on it for 2 weeks) :o
Thats what happens when you build on a mountain. ;D Raining on the Valley floor now.

Buck_wife

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »

yeah, thats true Chris. but its only a little hill, not a mountain!  ;) Once it clears up a bit, you and your mrs will have to come for a visit. actually you are welcome to come anytime, depending on how adventurous you are feeling....they did plow the lane this afternoon. we are getting a mix of snow/slush/rain.

SmokeyRiver

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »

Hows the freeway been in the morning???? any bad sections?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 11:29:52 PM »

Hows the freeway been in the morning???? any bad sections?
The back roads a bit slippery tonight. Unless it snows again the freeway should be ok.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »

Once it clears up a bit, you and your mrs will have to come for a visit. actually you are welcome to come anytime, depending on how adventurous you are feeling....

Can the Leaf Mobil even make up that hill on dry days? ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »

The Leaf mobile like the team can only go downhill. ;D ;D

Buck_wife

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »

hahaha thats hilarious!  :D
I think maybe most days it can only make it up to Lew's driveway!! ;)
actually it has made it up to us once or twice, but he hasn't been up since the driveway was poured.  Its now a downhill skating rink.
makes your crazy carpet go really fast, just ask the kids!!! :o
my new years goal: being able to drive on and park at the top of our driveway again! lol ( I know thats one goal I will for sure achieve!)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 05:35:10 PM »

I don't know which hill you're on but we got dumped with 8 inches of snow last nite. 

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »

So does anyone know what the road conditions are like out in Chilliwack. I see the road are clear on the highway so I am looking to find out what the roads are like closer to the river.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

dss

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 09:31:07 AM »

We only got a light dusting of snow last night (maybe 1cm) out towards rosedale area in Chilliwack so I would assume that the river roads got near the same. They were all pretty heavily sanded and plowed as well before this so I'm sure it's all melting and slush or bare by now. Might have snowed a ton out that way though..never know so take it easy if you come out.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 10:17:19 AM »

Thanks dss. It is coming down here in Maple Ridge and the roads are completely covered. Snow seems to be coming down harder and harder as the morning goes by. Might just stay home.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »

Only a light dusting overnight but they say it is on the way, a good day to stay home to watch footballl and hockey. ;D

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »

between the weather and road conditions i have yet to head out from coquitlam to fish the vedder i am starting to go a little hay wire sitting at home ,i took a week off at Xmas specifically to spend some time fishing and then we get hit with this biggest dumping of snow in years, i guess i shouldn't have sold the 4x4.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.