Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warning, cash grab by conservation dept.  (Read 41392 times)

doja

Re: Warning, cash grab by conservation dept.
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »

So if someone was intent on breaking the law they just wouldn't attach their zap strap to the fish....  same idea as not writing it down. Only thing is they could now plead that they had forgotten their tags at home rather than that they had forgotten their pen at home.

The point is; the only way you will start to deter lawbreakers is by providing more enforcement on the rivers. Of course as soon as there are more incidences of CO's checking fishermen the more complaints we'll hear of cash grabs and how unfair the CO's are.....  ???

alwaysfishn, currently you can appear legal by writing down your catch of steelhead, chinook, and trout from some areas of the shuswap. Then when you reach your quota you can simply reprint another licenses and star over and over, and over and over....

Therefor poachers will employ this tactic with no fear of the law as it now has no teeth. Now the majority of people they now catch will most likely be innocent(with out intent) and made nothing more than a simple mistake or in general aren't hurting the systems.

The old money paper licenses and other systems like tags would be something people can't really get around besides not recording, and therefor ticket. Today this no longer apply's and this law is really a money grab.

Remember... The law was created to prevent excess damage from being done by creating limits. As it stands now this law increases the damage and over fishing that can be done while appearing fully legal. This is a huge step backwards! Enforcing a law that now does nothing and has no merit is simply enforcing a rule just cuz it's a rule. That's not right!

And really people.... How many keep more than 10 Chinook a year.... probably very few. The more one thinks about this law, it really is a cash grab as the government is not worried about this loophole being exploited, so then it would appear there is no problem and we're simply being taxed!!! BS
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:51:00 PM by doja »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2010, 10:25:43 PM »

alwaysfishn, currently you can appear legal by writing down your catch of steelhead, chinook, and trout from some areas of the shuswap. Then when you reach your quota you can simply reprint another licenses and star over and over, and over and over....

Therefor poachers will employ this tactic with no fear of the law as it now has no teeth. Now the majority of people they now catch will most likely be innocent(with out intent) and made nothing more than a simple mistake or in general aren't hurting the systems.

The old money paper licenses and other systems like tags would be something people can't really get around besides not recording, and therefor ticket. Today this no longer apply's and this law is really a money grab.

Remember... The law was created to prevent excess damage from being done by creating limits. As it stands now this law increases the damage and over fishing that can be done while appearing fully legal. This is a huge step backwards! Enforcing a law that now does nothing and has no merit is simply enforcing a rule just cuz it's a rule. That's not right!

And really people.... How many keep more than 10 Chinook a year.... probably very few. The more one thinks about this law, it really is a cash grab as the government is not worried about this loophole being exploited, so then it would appear there is no problem and we're simply being taxed!!! BS

Your Honor......   I rest my case.  :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2010, 11:20:32 PM »

Old paper license system is same as online system.  Just online system you can reprint at home, old paper system you get it re-issued at a tackle shop.  Still can be done.

doja

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »

Old paper license system is same as online system.  Just online system you can reprint at home, old paper system you get it re-issued at a tackle shop.  Still can be done.

For a fee.... At least they pay into it. :-\ And every time you "loose" your licenses it is also recorded. Also when checked if you have a near full licenses it too "should" be recorded. the current paper system you can reprint after 1...

It at least makes it difficult. :-\

Currently it is so easy it makes the law useless.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »

A fee for replacement?  You got that wrong.  If a licence is lost or accidentally destroyed, a replacement licence can be acquired at no cost from any licence vendor. 

Since the hard copy was either 'lost' or 'destroyed' no one can prove or disprove if you have any retained catch on your 'original' licence.

Like I said, the only difference between old 'offline' and the new 'online' licence system is just one you can do at home, while the other you have to be at a vendor's place.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2010, 08:20:39 AM »

A fee for replacement?  You got that wrong.  If a licence is lost or accidentally destroyed, a replacement licence can be acquired at no cost from any licence vendor.  

I thought you had to pay a $10 fee for a replacement if going through a vendor, but free if online......idunno ???

I've  never lost or had my license destroyed before. I know where it is at all times, same with my hunting license, so never had to worry about it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:25:37 AM by Bently »

burnaby

« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2010, 09:44:04 AM »

BwiBwi is correct, doja is wrong.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/index-eng.htm#Replacement_licences

Replacement licences

If a licence is lost or accidentally destroyed, a replacement licence must be obtained prior to resuming fishing, and can be acquired at no cost from any licence vendor. The vendor will ask you to complete and sign a Statement of Loss describing the disposition of the original licence. It is illegal to hold more than one licence.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2010, 10:00:47 AM »

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/index-eng.htm#Replacement_licences

Replacement licences

If a licence is lost or accidentally destroyed, a replacement licence must be obtained prior to resuming fishing, and can be acquired at no cost from any licence vendor. The vendor will ask you to complete and sign a Statement of Loss describing the disposition of the original licence. It is illegal to hold more than one licence.

Kewl 8)

What, doja is wrong :o ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2010, 10:08:51 AM »

Kewl 8)

What, doja is wrong :o ;D

How could that be???   ;D :o
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2010, 10:19:06 AM »

How could that be???   ;D :o

First for everything i guess ::) ;D

burnaby

« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »

No doubt dude will flame the injustice of it, the misIntent of the complete system and spin it to another travesty of justice. Let the fun begin.  :D
First for everything i guess ::) ;D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2010, 05:23:43 PM »

No doubt dude will flame the injustice of it, the misIntent of the complete system and spin it to another travesty of justice. Let the fun begin.  :D

Boy or boy, your asking for an  " Indubitably Incorrect" from the tenacious Lord of the threads himself by saying that burnaby. ;D ;D  

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2010, 05:58:39 PM »

Replacement licences

This is only true for a Tidal licence. For a non-tidal Licence all that is required is your angler number, phone number and your birthdate. You do not have to sign any statement of loss for a non-tidal and a vendor can charge you for a reprint if they want.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2010, 06:04:40 PM »

Actually... ::)

Prior to the introduction of the online freshwater angling licence two years ago, if you lost your freshwater licence, you'd have to pay $10 for a replacement licence. In addition, you need to purchase new conservation surcharges because the replacement licence simply covers the basic licencing.

doja

« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »

WOW, the above is a good read..... ;D ....... In fact........ priceless!

But for the record, I am wrong just like everyone else from time to time too and know what crow tastes like.  ;) But I do learn from my mistakes. 8)

PS, I use to sell licenses too... :)

OK, back on track.....