Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "daylight hours only" means!!  (Read 22537 times)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
Re: "daylight hours only" means!!
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »

as for the Socks, what difference does it make if the possession limit is still the same, assuming limits are caught.

You catch your daily quota by 11:59 pm on day 1, then you catch your daily quota by 12:30am on day 2 and head 'er home with 4 fish. You are within your possession limit (two daily quotas).

Or does this reg not apply to salmon?
A rig out of water catches no fish.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2012, 04:37:12 PM »

you are correct that you are allowed to have a 2 day possesion limit on you HOWEVER you must be able to prove that you stayed on the river overnight. If you went back to a residence (even one not your own) then your first days possesion should have stayed there otherwise the CO/DFO officer is within his rights to ticket you. This is of course if you are stopped while on the flow or leaving the flow.

when im sockeye fishing i will camp out overnight alot of the time so i dont have to waste the second days gas of going back and forth. This is also a good way of having a little camping trip for the family  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »

Im a Guide.....Im a Guide.............................IM  A GUIDE..........   Dont Argue!

oh joy, salmon season started i guess  ::)
Tight lines to all

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2012, 04:41:10 PM »

CohoMan is correct on the reason behind the daylight hour regulation, which is intended to prevent the scenario Zabber has described.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »

CohoMan is correct on the reason behind the daylight hour regulation, which is intended to prevent the scenario Zabber has described.
Also easier for enforcement... If you're fishing at the wrong time, with samon gear, you're breaking the law.  No doubt about HOW you're fishing or anything else.  Cut and dry.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »

You catch your daily quota by 11:59 pm on day 1, then you catch your daily quota by 12:30am on day 2 and head 'er home with 4 fish. You are within your possession limit (two daily quotas).

Or does this reg not apply to salmon?

that's what I thought.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!