Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: capilano river  (Read 23279 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: capilano river
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:03 PM »

azafai, others don't necessarily have a problem with sharing specific locations with others, it is how it is shared. Personally if I feel interested to share exactly where to park and walk to, regardless how easy the access already is, I would do it by email or private messaging so the other thousands visitors to the website would not all read it at once. River access is limited and most do not wish to bring attention to one particular spot, which may lead to a rush of users in a short period of time. The intention maybe good, the impact may actually be a drop in the quality of fishing experience at that location. I'm not telling you how you should share your information (if I were, I'd be deleting a bunch of posts right now ;) ) but it is something to consider.

azafai

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2010, 11:40:34 PM »

azafai, others don't necessarily have a problem with sharing specific locations with others, it is how it is shared. Personally if I feel interested to share exactly where to park and walk to, regardless how easy the access already is, I would do it by email or private messaging so the other thousands visitors to the website would not all read it at once. River access is limited and most do not wish to bring attention to one particular spot, which may lead to a rush of users in a short period of time. The intention maybe good, the impact may actually be a drop in the quality of fishing experience at that location. I'm not telling you how you should share your information (if I were, I'd be deleting a bunch of posts right now ;) ) but it is something to consider.

rod,
this explains most of the problems.
fair enough.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »

click on this link to see what i am talking about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKrI0kaXVs

that's the vedder on a good day!
it's brutal....not looking forward to the fall and combat fishing...I gladly bushwack to more peaceful spots even if it means less fish. I like to go fishing to relax, not to fight with the crowds

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 07:22:19 PM »

Fishing reports have been moved to the fishing reports section.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2010, 07:26:07 PM »

slow fishing on the lower end of the river this morning...water looked much lower than a few days ago. stopped by the cable pool to take a look before heading home. few people out there...lots of lock jaw fish, few caught on the fly apparently up there

LOL- I've spent many an hour working that water when the lock jaw hits. One year there was a big steelie in the mix. I saw it caught twice and no cohos. Grab your fly rod and running shoes and head in to the upper reaches of the Seymour.....It might be a tad early, but I've surprised myself with a bit of shoe work. Wear a bear bell too  ;)
http://