Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: capilano river  (Read 23280 times)

slick vic

Re: capilano river
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »

that's brutal...passing on bad traits to a new generation. There's no excuse or reason to post up right next to someone when there's plenty of room on a run...it's called being polite. I went to a spot this morning, saw 2 other guys fishing the run, I stayed above them and gave them plenty of room.
Heading out again tomorrow morning...headed out a bit late today. Anyone else heading out?[

Vancook, I want to go out but I don't know Cap at all. Do you mind me join?

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »

Victor...is that you from the Strugeon Dock in Richmond?!?  Like Victor, Michael and Chris?  If so get my number from Michael and give me a call.  I saw Chris there yesterday but the fishing was slow until around 1pm.  By that time he had already left the river and I was just starting to nail the silver beauties.  I want to go out there today but my car is now in the shop.  I can show you where to go even when there is no water to still catch fish in the cap. 
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

Spiznack

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »

Vic....just noticed that my number is on the bottom of my posts.  Call me...its Los.

slick vic

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »

Victor...is that you from the Strugeon Dock in Richmond?!?  Like Victor, Michael and Chris?  If so get my number from Michael and give me a call.  I saw Chris there yesterday but the fishing was slow until around 1pm.  By that time he had already left the river and I was just starting to nail the silver beauties.  I want to go out there today but my car is now in the shop.  I can show you where to go even when there is no water to still catch fish in the cap. 

lol, Carlos
hahahah

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 10:25:50 PM »

always up for new fishing mates....I'll be honest though, fishing the cap is new for me as well so I'm no expert on where to go.

carpenter

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 07:37:11 PM »

i for some reason cannot post yet even though i introduced myself yesterday. i have been wondering about fly patterns for fishing the tidal area of the cap for coho any suggestions? ;D
Just got my first fly rod and cant wait to giveer a whirl but need a little advice .

azafai

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »

I've never fished the Cap before so yesterday I decided to do some explorations. Parked my car at a small parking lot and then walked into the woods. I did manage to see the river up top but got lost soon after when I was trying to find my way down. Yes, I am pretty bad with directions.
Anyone able to help me out? Thanks in advance

Hi slick vic
I had the kind of situation this weeked.
I went all the way down to Keith Road parking place (by the highway bridge) and ended up the same way like you and just left.

I wonder if someone give us some tips and like to help here.

slick vic

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »

always up for new fishing mates....I'll be honest though, fishing the cap is new for me as well so I'm no expert on where to go.

Let's do some bushwacking together next time then.  ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 03:51:37 PM »

Hi slick vic
I had the kind of situation this weeked.
I went all the way down to Keith Road parking place (by the highway bridge) and ended up the same way like you and just left.

I wonder if someone give us some tips and like to help here.

Which side? I've nailed quite a few in that area.
http://

azafai

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 04:08:09 PM »

Let's do some bushwacking together next time then.  ;D

Sure
I sent you a PM
if you couldn't get it let me know
Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:10:12 PM by azafai »

azafai

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 04:09:29 PM »

Hi
the side opposite to Capilano Road, on the side of Keith Road, off of Taylor Way.

copy and paste the following on the search box of Google Map and you will see it:  Klee Wyck Park/Westvan, British Columbia

I parked on the end of Keith Road on that side.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:18:14 PM by azafai »

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »

how do you enter from the capilano road side? Doesnt seem to be much parking around

Spiznack

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »

hey...what happened to that great post about not putting maps and directions to spots?  That was a great piece!

Honestly....why would you go and post up a map of how to get to one of the few spots on any river?  I vote that we change the rules to state that "directions and maps to specific fishing locations are not to be posted or made public." 

Go out there and do some exploring!  You might find it a bit more rewarding when a fish smashes your hook in a spot that you found by tapping into your inner adventurer!

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »

hey...what happened to that great post about not putting maps and directions to spots?  That was a great piece!

Honestly....why would you go and post up a map of how to get to one of the few spots on any river?  I vote that we change the rules to state that "directions and maps to specific fishing locations are not to be posted or made public." 

Go out there and do some exploring!  You might find it a bit more rewarding when a fish smashes your hook in a spot that you found by tapping into your inner adventurer!

That's very typical of today's self centered society. Don't help others. I don't see a problem with letting someone know where to park, its a parking spot... not a fishing spot. I appreciate it when someone shares a location in which i can access the river. I'm more than happy to explore the RIVER by myself, but i hate searching for parking in an area i don't know. It's such a waste of time and gas, time that could be better spent fishing or looking for a place on the river to fish.

On another note, is the river walkable from the Ambleside parking lot near the mouth? I've always thought that might be a good place to start and then walk up stream.

Spiznack

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »

I have taken many a fisherman with me to my various fishing holes and am always willing to help people out.  

I am all for helping others.  That is what email and phones are for.  I don't think it is helpful to anyone to post up a spot for millions of people on the internet to see.  All that does is make it so that the next time you go to your favorite spot 20 people will already be there.  Seriously the river is only 5km long so you won't be wasting much time or gas looking for spots.  Pick up a map at the hatchery and go exploring.  All the parking spots are posted on there.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:21:32 PM by Spiznack »