Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: speeding ticket  (Read 22840 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: speeding ticket
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 01:26:07 PM »

In court the judge takes the officers word above all others, even if you are a very upstanding member of society.

That's one sided. ::)   ;D ;D

Look no further than the Dziekanski case. Police are not as honest as some would believe.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »

Look no further than the Dziekanski case. Police are not as honest as some would believe.

The accused perpetrators are no angels either...that's why we have judges to interpret the evidence/facts that are put forth. 

doja

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 01:41:07 PM »

Another fine officer at work... Ok he's off duty but I wouldn't expect better from him on duty. ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeRufpV0xCM

Cops are not always the best people on the planet, and more likely in it for the action of being the "man" not unlike drug dealers and gansters who do it not just for the money but the action and being "the man".

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 01:54:31 PM »

Cops are not always the best people on the planet, and more likely in it for the action of being the "man" not unlike drug dealers and gansters who do it not just for the money but the action and being "the man".

Doja.... your theory does not explain why women pursue  careers  in policing?

one more cast

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »

Haven't really met a "feminine" officer yet...all kind of mocho  :)

doja

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »

Women do like being, and in some pathetic cases are the man of the house.  :D

It was not meant to be taken as a man vs being "the man". ::)

Clearly you missed that one.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:18:19 PM by doja »

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 02:16:03 PM »

If you can't prove you were going 82 in an 80 zone you may as well pay the ticket.

Besides, police are understaffed as it is and the last thing a cop should be doing is spending a half day in court defending a ticket that is probably deserved in the first place.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »

On 60 Minutes or Dateline a few yrs ago had a report of some small USA towns that had a highway going through. As the towns did not have a good tax base the police were pulling travellers over & ticketing them "for whatever they could". Speeding ,burnt out light etc... It was so abusive as the reporter questioned the mayor police etc...& they looked very "red faced".
Once we were heading to the interior & got behind a car pulling a camping trailer. There was only 2 lanes thus we needed to pass the slow poke when the "coast was clear " of on-coming traffic.  There was a break so I hit the gas pedal hard & the car went into the "passing gear" & we roared pass the car & trailer. When I got back into my lane I just let the car decrease to the proper speed limit.
But guess what happened ? As I pulled back into my lane "of course" still going fast a RCMP with radar was parked on the side of the road. He sped after us & pulled us over. We explained we were going fast because we were passing the "slow poke".
Wasn't our day as we still got the ticket & we had to re-pass that slow poke again down the road !!!  Pulled into Hope to pay the ticket.  Most police are great people though but some are not.

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2009, 02:37:54 PM »

I'd like to hear the officers' side of this argument, we're only hearing one side right now. Unfair to make a decision without both sides of this case.

I concur... There is always two sides to every story... and somewhere in the middle is the truth. 
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »

Women do like being, and in some pathetic cases are the man of the house.  :D

It was not meant to be taken as a man vs being "the man". ::)

Clearly you missed that one.

Stating that a woman or a man  who chooses to become a police officer simply because they want to be " the man" (power gain etc.) is  merely a generalization. However, many would agree that it is  the sole  reason why some choose to go into that profession. I am not saying you are wrong in any way, in fact to some degree i agree with you. In addition, you must keep in mind that there are also good people who choose  do it for a good reason,and that they should not be painted with the same bad brush as some of their colleagues.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOilS6WZyBs

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 07:50:10 PM by ~IvAn~ »

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »

It does not matter one bit that you did not sign the ticket.  By signing the ticket you are not admitting to any guilt, but only aknowledging that you received the ticket.  It says this on the ticket.  If you dont sign, then an afadavit of service is filled out on the white copy, stating that the officer served the ticket to the person. 

As for the court thing, that can be done via teleconference. 

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »

As for people becoming police to gain power, this could be true for a very small percentage.  But for more than 99% of officers, they do it for the right reasons.  Most will never see what a cop does and thus will never truly respect them for the job they do. 

Its unforntunate that a small percentage can paint such a horrible picture for the rest. 

scotkemp

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »

trust me i guarentee you dispute the ticket it will never ever go to court just dispute the ticket

yakideath12

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »

I disputed ticket today.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2009, 10:37:32 PM »

Let us know what happen