Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: speeding ticket  (Read 22838 times)

yakideath12

speeding ticket
« on: October 28, 2009, 09:26:34 PM »

holy, I had a speeding ticket today on the way to stave. 80km highway limit, Police said i was going 82km.....

anyways, I have a ticket that my sign isnt on it. What happen if I dont sign on my ticket ???

troutslayer76

Re: speeding ticket
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »

I BELIEVE YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY IT....TAKE IT TO COURT, AND JUST SAY HEY, I NEVER SIGNED IT.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities.  This is the coservationist's concern."RHB

scotkemp

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:35:48 PM »

100 percent dispute it and i bet you anything you want it wont go to court youll get a letter in the mail saying your tickets been reviewed and dropped just make sure to go to your drivers services center with ticket and say you want to dispute it and thats it all done

yakideath12

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 09:37:29 PM »

thank you guyz

gcal

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:43:24 PM »

I can't believe you got a ticket for going only 2 km over????     That's well within the error tolerance/accuracy of speedometers, radar guns, etc.

The cop must have been having a hard day, for them to ticket you.    It's a B.S. ticket. 

No judge will accept your guilt for only 2 km over.   The cop handed you a nuisance ticket.   What a waste of time!

Did you pis* off the cop for him to give you a ticket?

Nitroholic

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 10:03:10 PM »

that's BS, 2km over...  >:( where abouts was the radar trap? I'm heading that way tomorrow

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »

What a waste of time, they ought to be out doing something of consequence. ??? 

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:07:54 PM »

No offense but I dont believe that a cop would pull you over for only going over by 2km/h

I drive that stretch everyday as I live in Maple Ridge and work in Abby. Speed limit is 80km/h until you hit Silverdale. So if you were in Silverdale going 82 you would get a ticket as the speed limit is 60 km/h

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 10:16:47 PM »

Hmmm that sucks...

Last sunday I got pulled over for tailgating, going 30 km/h over the speed limit and no N on the back of the car. The cop ended up only giving me a warning on the tailgating and let everything slide and no fines  :o Don't know what I did right or for that matter to deserve that much grace, but it would have costed me BIG and I probably would have lost my licence for 2 years or so...

I can't believe he would pull you over for 2 kmh over. What is even worse is writing you a ticket for it instead of giving you a warning, ouch. Either a very bad day or a very harsh cop, good thing the coppers are nice over here  ;D

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 10:29:55 PM »

Tonight I passed by them doing 90 but they must have been busy writing your ticket as they didn't notice me. Would have been a real kick in the pants to get a ticket after battling those ugly chums all days.  :D

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 10:46:22 PM »

Also, on the ticket should be the fine for the speeding infraction. From BB2000's post you should be able to determine how far over the speed limit you were. If you were  only 2 kms over the limit, and you can take the time off to dispute the ticket then you stand a good chance.  However, do your homework, make sure you find out the speed limit for the area, and the exact spot the cop issued the ticket at. Good luck.

Also, even though some traffic cops won't admit it, some municipalities have a quota system in place. A minimum amount of tickets have to  be written up each month. And guess what we are coming up to the end of the month. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:51:17 PM by dennyman »

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »

RCMP contract policing?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 12:15:27 AM »

Doesn't matter whether you sign the ticket or not, it will still stand up in court.

Agree. The signature merely indicates that you have received the ticket. No admission of guilt implied.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 07:22:57 AM »

Very unfortunate you got a ticket. At least you didn't get tazered.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 07:52:17 AM »

pfffft.  Pink season I was 120 over 80 in that stretch for a nice ticket.last fall in that stretch I nailed Bambie doing 80k.
now i drive allot slower.