Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TransCanada gas pipeline may sidestep environmental review  (Read 1787 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
TransCanada gas pipeline may sidestep environmental review
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:26:30 PM »

Just another reason why we can not trust this present government when it comes to protection if our environment and it includes the fish farm issue, sad.
http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/pipeline+TransCanada+British+Columbia+guarantee+envrironmental/7608045/story.html

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: TransCanada gas pipeline may sidestep environmental review
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:15:11 PM »

Just another reason why we can not trust this present government when it comes to protection if our environment and it includes the fish farm issue, sad.
http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/pipeline+TransCanada+British+Columbia+guarantee+envrironmental/7608045/story.html

It looks like the NDP supports this pipeline as well.......
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

I didn't see mention of fish farms in this Chris .. shellfish aquaculture yes ... is that what you meant??
I hope, but doubt, an NDP govermenment will have any options to change what is happening in Canada now and worldwide really.
There are just too many people that require or demand the services pipelines will supposedly fund.  The environment will always take a back seat to that, whoever governs.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:58:35 PM »

-- the review is one thing... it is still government that in the end approves even if a review shows significant issues.
-- I didn't mind the idea of a single or combined fed/provincial review on large projects..it actually makes sense.. even less costs to those who oppose not having to attend separate hearings.

-- once the process is initiated though it is likely that the government of the day even if different from now would loose some of its authority to Not Approve or add conditions that were not conscidered at the time of review.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?