Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Am Back, Alexandra Morton Clips  (Read 26699 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: I Am Back, Alexandra Morton Clips
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »

I would think she can accomplish a lot more doing what she is doing, as opposed to coming on here and having to read your heckling......

As far as asking for money, you must be aware that she doesn't have the deep corporate pockets that the Norwegian companies have.  ???
Heckling?  just asking for facts, af. 
And just what is she accomplishing, other than losing even more credibility with almost every missive?
I suggest she is afraid to post on FWR.  Her science is rubbish and folks here would blow her away.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2012, 09:52:26 PM »

Heckling?  just asking for facts, af. 
And just what is she accomplishing, other than losing even more credibility with almost every missive?
I suggest she is afraid to post on FWR.  Her science is rubbish and folks here would blow her away.

I don't believe that 4 people disagreeing with her could be considered "losing even more credibility".   ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 06:48:05 AM »

Good on ya Sobeys! Looking out for the over-fished wild stocks!!

http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/111918-greenpeace-scolds-sobeys-over-seafood-sales
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2012, 07:26:29 AM »

Good on ya Sobeys! Looking out for the over-fished wild stocks!!

http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/111918-greenpeace-scolds-sobeys-over-seafood-sales

Funny.....   What I thought when I read that, is how progressive the Overwaitea group is in not selling the feedlot product.

I also have to remind you that management of the wild stocks is the responsibility of DFO, the food chains have no input whatsoever.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2012, 08:29:25 AM »

I also have to remind you that management of the wild stocks is the responsibility of DFO, the food chains have no input whatsoever.

Insisting to sell wild salmon only isn't helping.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2012, 08:35:13 AM »

You also need to give the Overwaitea group credit for caring about the health of their customers. They have made a conscious decision to not sell them PCB tainted, antibiotic laden, diseased product.....

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »

And  YOU, AF forget to follow your post with IMO.  As per usual your post is fear mongering. While your statement has been refuted many many times in other discussions you continue to present it as fact while it is only your opinion. 

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2012, 11:06:47 AM »

Eat salmon and trout- farmed or wild- it’s good for you
Canada: US professor confirms what food authorities everywhere are saying- pregnant women should eat such fish regularly
FishfarmingXpert, Odd Grydeland, June 27, 2012

http://www.fishfarmingxpert.com/index.php?page_id=76&article_id=95238

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2012, 03:18:56 PM »

Totally unbiased expert you have there:

http://www.powerbase.info/index.php/Charles_Santerre

Charles Santerre - Spinning science for industry
Santerre was taken on on 1 January 2004 specifically to combat the publicity on farmed Salmon

There was no reference in these reports to the fact that Santerre was being paid as a consultant by Salmon of the Americas.
Wonderful organization: http://www.powerbase.info/index.php/Salmon_of_the_Americas

The source, Powerbase is not an anti-fish farm organization, it is an anti-media spin organization.

Hites found the average PCB level in farmed salmon to be 37 parts per billion (ppb), and the average PCB level in wild salmon to be 4 ppb
Ronald A. Hites et al., “Global Assessment of Organic Contaminants in Farmed Salmon,” Science 303, no. 5655 (January 9, 2004): 226-229.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2012, 03:35:09 PM »

Totally unbiased expert you have there:

You must be kidding me.

Lets start here:

http://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethink_campaigns/did-david-suzuki-prevaricate-about-pcbs-in-farmed-salmon.html

(Insert here):  Vivian is a x-fishfarmer so those facts must not be true.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:44:13 PM by aquapaloosa »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »

Hites et al 2004 is likely one of the worst, severely slanted reports on farmed or wild salmon I have ever read.  It did more of disservice to public health.  Statistically you would be at a much higher risk of coronary heart disease by not eating farmed (or wild salmon) than by PCB-related cancers from farmed salmon.  The risks are not even comparable.  It's no wonder why Suzuki conveniently does not talk about this much any more because it is garbage.  PCBs are lipophilic meaning that they like to bind to fats, so if people are really concerned about PCBs in farmed salmon then they should be equally concerned about the beef, chicken and pork they purchase.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »

You must be kidding me.

Lets start here:

http://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethink_campaigns/did-david-suzuki-prevaricate-about-pcbs-in-farmed-salmon.html

(Insert here):  Vivian is a x-fishfarmer so those facts must not be true.

This should be required reading for anyone who wants to learn about salmon farming in BC and why some folks want it gone.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »

Alexandra Morton
Marine Harvest Communications Director quits - following my blog on the deplorable state of the company and the growing scandal of the viral cover-up in BC. I remember Jorgen enthusiastically showing Damien, myself, Don and others the door at the Marine Harvest office in Oslo. Good move Mr Christiansen - how were you going deal with the onslaught of evidence of exotic viruses when your counterpart in BC, Marine Harvest's Clare Backman testified UNDER OATH that no exotic viruses have entered BC in farm salmon... Backman painted Marine Harvest into a corner on that one, run Jorgen run. Smart man.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2012, 02:08:41 PM »

Chris, I wonder why Ms. Morton doesn't address this site?  Surely she knows you will back her play ...  I for one would love to debate her "science." ::)
I think I have worn out my welcome on the forum aquapaloosa mentions but believe even they, the ones that would kill the last chinook or coho because it's their right as sportsfishermen are tiring of her constant appeals for money.

Call her - ask her to post that data.  What can she lose if it's real?  And, what can she lose if it's another bogus media event ;D

I see you are still in here. http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?20117-New-Atlantic-virus-in-steelhead  ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2012, 02:14:55 PM »

Eat salmon and trout- farmed or wild- it’s good for you
Canada: US professor confirms what food authorities everywhere are saying- pregnant women should eat such fish regularly
FishfarmingXpert, Odd Grydeland, June 27, 2012

http://www.fishfarmingxpert.com/index.php?page_id=76&article_id=95238
Glad I take time away from the discussion here to do some fishing, rainbow a few days ago and  Kokanee for supper tonight, not the liquid type either.;D ;D