Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Really ripe  (Read 9716 times)

Bushwacker

• I'm a llama!
Re:Really ripe
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 12:25:26 AM »

The guy may not be a moron - but just plain might not know any better.  Not everyone is born with fishing knowledge.  ::)

Maybe you can also add that those mature eggs would make great salmon caviar.
On the other hand we can do a 180 on this and say the photo was shown only for educational purposes and that the doe was carefully handled and quickly released to go on her spawning mission.

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 07:35:11 AM »

I’ve got a feeling that the original angler will not want to pose for that type of picture again.  Besides, the photographer has some great blackmail material.  If the angler tries it again, the photographer can threaten to post the much more embarrassing uncropped photo on the internet  ;).
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 08:08:45 AM »

totally embarrising i woulcnt be caught dead with a fish like that one guy must be desperate to keep that ole boot :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 10:29:45 AM »

My first opinion looking at this photo was the same as Fishing Chick. probably the anglers first BIG fish and wanted a photo.
Then on closer inspection of the photo, I see the angler has breathable Orvis waders on.

I saw that, and thought....Gee, there's the kind of advertising Orvis wants ::)  Remember money doesn't equal knowledge.  Look at Dubya down south :D

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2004, 11:11:01 AM »

doc,
doesn't matter, I think they are equals in that regard! ;D
Hi ho Hi ho...It's off to Fish I go!

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2004, 11:18:46 AM »

I think Quayle upstaged Sr during the 1st term  ;D.

FisherWife

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2004, 01:48:49 PM »

OH! OH! I think I get it. It must be the "new" thing with fisherman. Catch your fish, and then go and get it bronzed! Then you head back to the river and take a picture with it!  Aaaaah....I understand grasshopper!

Bushwacker

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2004, 02:49:41 PM »

Whoa! whoa! whoa! let's not slag the angler so quickly without getting the full picture. I could have been very wrong when I used the word "moron" in my first post. Allow me to think outside the box. Is it not possible that he was just ASSISTING someone else who landed it ? Seeing that the fish is in "prime" spawning condition and looking at his kneeling position it looks like he was about to release the fish in a proper manner. It does'nt appear to me he was posing with his "trophy"as this "compleat" angler does not have his Sage rod and Calcutta TE reel to show off with it. Nor from his position is he facing the camera.
Good observation, F4L, no gaiters worn with boots. I lost both gaiters while wading in strong current one steelhead season as the velcro seems to come apart fairly easily under water pressure. Lesson learned is to use some other form of strapping over them to be more secure.
Looking at the shore background it's kinda muddy like and I don't recall anywhere looking like that on the Vedder/Chwk. Just guessing,
it looks more like the Nooksack or some other river. Maybe Koho knows about this.

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2004, 04:24:30 PM »

Don't know... it was his zipperlip .

David Hasselhoff

• You Suck!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 12:49:10 AM »

saw one before where the thing was milting all over his legs :-X :-X :-X :-X
Hi Adanac!  :-*