Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: National Boycott Of Open Pen Feedlot Salmon Rally in Chilliwack  (Read 48978 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: National Boycott Of Open Pen Feedlot Salmon Rally in Chilliwack
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »

One would think all ocean located fish farms, pop them onto land based operations will be a good start don't you agree?

It would be so nice to see DR. Morton's take on this idea of getting the Washington State Atlantic feedlots out of the Pacific.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:30:18 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2013, 07:33:13 PM »

It would be so nice to see DR. Morton's take on this idea of getting the Washington State Atlantic feedlots out of the Pacific.
A good job for you to maybe take on  ;D ;D, one can only do so much at one time.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »

A good job for you to maybe take on  ;D ;D, one can only do so much at one time.
Perhaps you and I can work on this one together :). I think it would save our wild salmon for generations to come. It also would not be all that hard for Dr. Morton to include the Washington Atlantic feedlots in our crusade to rid the Pacific of them. Is that not what we want?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2013, 08:25:34 PM »

Perhaps you and I can work on this one together :). I think it would save our wild salmon for generations to come. It also would not be all that hard for Dr. Morton to include the Washington Atlantic feedlots in our crusade to rid the Pacific of them. Is that not what we want?
I personally have enough on my plate and as I enter my 7th decade I donot have the energy I once had, we need to leave battles like you suggest to younger folk like you. ;D ;D ;D Of course if one tries to do much they will just burn out. As well it is always good when people suggest things need to be done that they roll up their sleeves and take it on.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2013, 08:30:34 PM »

I personally have enough on my plate and as I enter my 7th decade I donot have the energy I once had, we need to leave battles like you suggest to younger folk like you. ;D ;D ;D Of course if one tries to do much they will just burn out. As well it is always good when people suggest things need to be done that they roll up their sleeves and take it on.
Well said :). I am up there in age also Chris. Perhaps DR. Morton or one of her followers can take over my idea. :)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2013, 08:57:57 PM »

Bob, if you are close to the age of Chris I suggest not holding your breath waiting for Morton to say anything negative about US fisheries, Alaskan salmon ranching especially. It won't happen.  Ever.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »

Well said :). I am up there in age also Chris. Perhaps DR. Morton or one of her followers can take over my idea. :)
You and Dave will have to donate more money to the cause. ;D ;D ;D

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2013, 09:32:29 PM »

Bob, considering that Ms Morton is turning to US politicians for support for her cause I highly doubt she is going to do much to cause any controversy in Washington State and definitely not Alaska.  Protesting US jobs (even if these are in aquaculture) won't go down well with Congresspeople and Senators immediately south of the border.  Some pretty scary economic things happening south of the border.  Morton needs support from US politicians to help her with any boycott because most sales of Canadian farmed salmon go south of the border.  It is in her best interest to make farms in Canada (specifically in BC) look like the culprits and have Washington State fish farms and Alaska salmon ranching look great.  American support is key - Canadian not so much.  Do you ever hear Morton say anything negative about Washington State fish farms or Alaskan salmon ranching?  Sounds like politics? Damn right it is...lol.....and you may of thought that only government did this.  Fish biology has nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:39:34 PM by shuswapsteve »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »

You and Dave will have to donate more money to the cause. ;D ;D ;D
I have donated my share Chis. I expect a return. Getting the west coast US Atlantic feedlots out of the Pacific had better be in DR. Morton's and our old age picture also. After all, we want our wild salmon for generations to come. 

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »

http://www.mychilliwacknews.com/blog/view/28005/1
Thanks for that Chris.  One wonders what salmon Brad Read, owner of Jacksons does indeed sell.  Did Eddie ask that question?
No, of course not.  If farmed Atlantics are not on the menu that leaves frozen BC wild salmon (when was the last commercial fishery on those??) or Alaskan ranched salmon, again a frozen product.

Bullfeathers buddy ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2013, 07:58:36 PM »

Thanks for that Chris.  One wonders what salmon Brad Read, owner of Jacksons does indeed sell.  Did Eddie ask that question?
No, of course not.  If farmed Atlantics are not on the menu that leaves frozen BC wild salmon (when was the last commercial fishery on those??) or Alaskan ranched salmon, again a frozen product.

Bullfeathers buddy ;)
I told you should have come, then you can could ask all these quetions. :D :D :D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:43 PM »

I told you should have come, then you can could ask all these quetions. :D :D :D

Keep working on him Chris.....  It's just a matter of time and he'll be calling them "feedlots" and "cesspools" as well.  ;D  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[