Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Latest On Salmon Confidential  (Read 20983 times)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: The Latest On Salmon Confidential
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 06:33:59 AM »

Every time I see one of these videos I cant help but to see the image of the homer simpsons interview where the clock in the back grounds time is jumping all over the place in my head.
Whats the link to that again?  Priceless ;D
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 09:24:53 PM »

Here you go Aquapaloosa.  Perfect time for this gem to be shown again...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSfrbqCQr78

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »

I wonder which identities twila and am used for those interviews in Norway?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:22 PM »

I wonder which identities twila and am used for those interviews in Norway?

Dissention will not be tolerated!  You obviously do not love wild salmon!   :P

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2013, 01:02:07 AM »

blaw ...blaw .....blaw.....

identities........Dissention..................blaw ......be ....blaw.......blaw ...blaw..
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »

blaw ...blaw .....blaw.....

identities........Dissention..................blaw ......be ....blaw.......blaw ...blaw..
When you do not have facts to stand behind, dazzle them with blaw. Looks like it was a bit past your bed time fishbreath LOL. :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:05:55 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 10:10:47 AM »

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2013/07/26/association-voices-concerns-about-salmon-confidential-film-documentary/

And from Alex  "The interviewer did a good job, he was well-informed, but Mary Ellen Walling of the BC Salmon Farmers Association does what she can to avoid the subject of viruses from salmon farms infecting the wild salmon. I would like to publicly debate you Ms Walling - name the time and place - I will be there."

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 01:17:44 PM »

And from Alex  "The interviewer did a good job, he was well-informed, but Mary Ellen Walling of the BC Salmon Farmers Association does what she can to avoid the subject of viruses from salmon farms infecting the wild salmon. I would like to publicly debate you Ms Walling - name the time and place - I will be there."

Wheres the link to this Chris?  You would think that morton would want to have such a public debate with a spectrum qualified professionals. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:19:41 PM by aquapaloosa »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »

Wheres the link to this Chris?  You would think that morton would want to have such a public debate with a spectrum qualified professionals.
FB.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2013, 11:51:10 PM »

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2013/07/26/association-voices-concerns-about-salmon-confidential-film-documentary/

Strange how Ms Morton is so eager to debate Ms Walling publically, but is unwilling to discuss these issues with members on this forum where she has the benefit of taking her time in responding and even using Google.  Of course she is going to say that she does not respond to people with fake names, but the truth is that she does respond up until the point she has difficulty backing up her arguments with facts.  After that point she uses excuses like that for not engaging in discussion which is actually respectful for the most part.

Personally, I thought that a person like Dr. Marty should have been interviewed rather than Ms Walling.  She wasn't terrible, but her responses were too rehearsed for my own liking.  I would have liked to have seen some of the responses more detailed.  They could have been, but she is not a fish veterinarian, a virologist or histologist.  Some people do better at media interviews than others.  On the other hand, Marty knows the topics and can provide that level of detail as well as context.  Ms Morton is smart to try to debate Ms Walling because it is an easy target; however, try someone like Dr. Marty and Ms Morton would have a more difficult time trying to BS the audience.

I thought the RCI interviewer gave Ms Roscovich a pretty easy time.  The interviewer was well-informed?  About what?  It was actually kind of funny to listen to because it felt more like an infomercial than an interview.  I was waiting for the Ginsu Knives to be offered as a gift if a donation was made.  The questions were not challenging at all until the last few minutes of the interview where it was mentioned that another website with an almost similar name was challenging her film's theories.  Oh well, I am not that surprised or that heart broken.  When I watch the episode of Rock Bottom on the Simpsons it puts it all in perspective and I get a good laugh out of it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:55:16 PM by shuswapsteve »