Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A real winner here...  (Read 50748 times)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: A real winner here...
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2014, 09:19:54 PM »

Time to send select vids off to dfo?

Perhaps your wish was granted a little while ago.  Yah never know.........

Ambassador

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2014, 11:21:13 AM »

I've come to the conclusion there is no helping, educating, or evening having an open conversation with this imbecile. No point in even commenting, because he doesn't listen. So turning off the comments really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He chooses to be idiotic and ignorant to how things should be done. His reading and writing skills are atrocious, based on his voiceover and video descriptions. This may be a window to his intelligence, and you can't fix stupid.
I'm done even worrying about this guy and no longer want to give him views on his videos. Hopefully one day he'll see the light, but I'm not banking on it.
For a guy with the tagline "Father first, Husband Second, Fishermen last..." You have balls to take on this big fella. While I applaud your passion for ethics, I believe you may be poking a sleeping bear. He appears to be getting more and more agitated with people calling him out - and I'd bet money he is keeping an eye on this thread.

You have your face on your profile pic so don't be surprised if you see him on the river and he has words for you.
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »

For a guy with the tagline "Father first, Husband Second, Fishermen last..." You have balls to take on this big fella. While I applaud your passion for ethics, I believe you may be poking a sleeping bear. He appears to be getting more and more agitated with people calling him out - and I'd bet money he is keeping an eye on this thread.

You have your face on your profile pic so don't be surprised if you see him on the river and he has words for you.

Doesn't intimidate me in the slightest. He can have all the words he wants, I can take care of my own. ;) He's a big scary looking dude, but that's no concern of mine.

DRP79

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »

That doesn't sound like someone who is a father first and a husband second. Why would you let pride or ego, whichever the case is, rob you of having the chance to be either one? I can appreciate your passion for ethics as well, I really do but you come across more confrontational than anything else. I get the whole it's not the size of the dog in the fight cliche but there is always going to be someone who will get the best of you. I have seen a lot of bad things happen to people over my 35 years and I have also seen some of the people who did them on the Vedder river. I've said it before and I will say it again. There are people on the river who would cave your head in with a rock and bleed you out on the rocks just as they would a fish. Is getting your point across as important as making it home?

You will not change the horizon of the angling future by converting one fisherman at a time. It's like trying to get rid of an ant hill one ant at a time. It's not going to work. The real issues lie much deeper. There were ignorant fools before us and they will be around long after we are gone. The system is the problem.

Just my 0.02.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2014, 01:49:18 PM »

Obviously different idealogies on a sub ethic here.

Not being intimidated by a guy is good.  If you are in the sense of sports and or life in gerneral you have already lost.

So he gets mad at flytech and they meet on the river.  Either a. They are on the same side or b they arent.  Scenario a. I belive flytech can scramble a bank and has more options judging by the guys lack of waders.

Scenario b whats he going to do.  Yell at him?

Ambassador

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

Scenario a. I belive flytech can scramble a bank and has more options judging by the guys lack of waders.
Scenario b whats he going to do.  Yell at him?
A) Flytech is not intimidated in the slightest so wont be scrambling up any banks or making a getaway.
B) An argument which will likely lead to fists flying and a couple folded teeth - and hopefully not more.

"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »

The real issues lie much deeper. There were ignorant fools before us and they will be around long after we are gone.

thanks for that. It's pretty consistent with my view of the world. A man can no sooner turn a fool into a wise man than he can a mountain of rock.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »

You guys are being idiots. I love all the what if scenarios. All I said is im not afraid of the guy sheesh. Suddenly we are having a battle royal and dead people floating down the river. Too many movies being watched.

I'm a big guy too, I'm 6'4" and I can handle my own if it lead to fisticuffs, but I promise you it wouldn't.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2014, 05:05:27 PM »

I like where this is going, UFC 179 - Chilliwack BC on the Vedder!
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »

I like where this is going, UFC 179 - Chilliwack BC on the Vedder!

No kidding...

DRP79

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2014, 06:30:26 PM »

Lol.

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2014, 07:00:10 PM »

HaHAHA.

Out of all the anglers out there is the snaggers/liners group the majority? Or is there more people who fish ethically? just curious if anyone has some insight.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »

I'm a big guy too, I'm 6'4" and I can handle my own if it lead to fisticuffs, but I promise you it wouldn't.
Strong like bull, smart like tractor!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »

Out of all the anglers out there is the snaggers/liners group the majority? Or is there more people who fish ethically? just curious if anyone has some insight.

Well going by the regs snagging is poaching.

Therefore snaggers are poachers, not fishermen/anglers so there you go.

Not like the regs get enforced these days due to budgetary constraints but w/e. 

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »

Well going by the regs snagging is poaching.

Therefore snaggers are poachers, not fishermen/anglers so there you go.

Not like the regs get enforced these days due to budgetary constraints but w/e.

No one outta mind if I start taking demo dynamite with me from work. I mean hell, I'm making canned salmon anyway :D
I ain't snagging, flossing or lining , I am helping mother nature redirect the river, I just happened to get rewarded with salmon chunks.... ugh now I have a craving for candied salmon.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.