Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1346065 times)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2130 on: January 14, 2016, 09:22:13 PM »

I feel like getting my drum and joining them. ;D

Considering that you cannot continue a discussion on the subject matter here without using the same, old corruption labeling and childish remarks then perhaps drumming will be good for you.  At least you will get some exercise.  It is funny how you are jumping all over Dr. Marty for his past employment with the fish farm industry as if it was some great discovery of something sinister. Most of our knowledge of pathogens in fish have come from culture fish. Who do you think would require knowledge from fish health professionals? Your grand contention of "epic fail" here is hilarious.

More importantly, before you criticize others for their writing you might want to clean up your own act, especially your spelling and grammar.  Keep with the cut and pasting.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2131 on: January 14, 2016, 10:36:50 PM »

Help me out here Chris. What "Virus" was detected? Back to you. :)
Check this thread 47 pages, before you came on the scene. ;D ;D ;D

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=28342.0

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2132 on: January 15, 2016, 07:00:01 AM »

It was garbage then and it's garbage now.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2133 on: January 15, 2016, 07:26:35 AM »

"Also did Dr Marty work at one time for FF's? Most likely no one here would know."

"It is funny how you are jumping all over Dr. Marty for his past employment with the fish farm industry as if it was some great discovery of something sinister."

He was right no one here would know because they just go on and on about Morton. A sign of what they may know about possible harm from open pen fish farm no doubt.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2134 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »

It was garbage then and it's garbage now.
But you, SS and Abby posted there? ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2135 on: January 15, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »

From Alex to keep the boys in the loop. Keep up the good work Alex and Eddie. Looking forward to the this years Wild Salmon Caravan in June.

"The Provincial government weighs in on the new paper that I co-published, which started a nasty little chain of tweets. As well the response to this paper from the industry has been to make defamatory remarks about me. I remain hopeful our federal government will listen to the First Nations who have put out press releases and set up a demonstration about this paper in front of DFO yesterday. FYI insulting me is not going to contain ISA virus, this is a dangerous virus, with quite a reputation and I just can't understand how government can let it continue unrecognized in the face of so much evidence. As for the government of BC, I think it may be time for an upgrade. Our children's future is under too much a grave threat to engage in such stupidity. For the record universities grant honourary degrees for exceptional contributions to society. In my case it was for my research on the impact of sea lice from salmon farms on our wild salmon.'

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2136 on: January 15, 2016, 09:53:03 AM »

From Alex to keep the boys in the loop. Keep up the good work Alex and Eddie. Looking forward to the this years Wild Salmon Caravan in June.

"The Provincial government weighs in on the new paper that I co-published, which started a nasty little chain of tweets. As well the response to this paper from the industry has been to make defamatory remarks about me. I remain hopeful our federal government will listen to the First Nations who have put out press releases and set up a demonstration about this paper in front of DFO yesterday. FYI insulting me is not going to contain ISA virus, this is a dangerous virus, with quite a reputation and I just can't understand how government can let it continue unrecognized in the face of so much evidence. As for the government of BC, I think it may be time for an upgrade. Our children's future is under too much a grave threat to engage in such stupidity. For the record universities grant honourary degrees for exceptional contributions to society. In my case it was for my research on the impact of sea lice from salmon farms on our wild salmon.'

What are the defamatory statements? You mean about her falsely stating that farmed Atlantic Salmon have not been tested for ISAv by BC fish farms as well as Canadian and US agencies when they actually were?  Pretty smart to get the First Nations all riled up and misinformed and have them carry out the demonstrations outside government offices while leaving the social media stuff to the mothership. I wonder why she is getting very defensive about this latest study? Still no word about the whereabouts of those farmed salmon samples I notice. Nice to know she is all for good science.

Oh....and for the record....it is not correct for individuals like Ms. Morton to refer to themselves as "Dr.", nor should they use the title on business cards or in correspondence. The designation is to be used behind their name. Maybe she forgot to get clarification from SFU?  Yeah that what it was...lol.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2137 on: January 15, 2016, 11:12:23 AM »

" Yeah that what it was..."

"you might want to clean up your own act, especially your spelling and grammar"

you where saying......or trying to say.....

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2138 on: January 15, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »

Let's try again... who pays the protester's expenses?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2139 on: January 15, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »

I never get a cent. ;D ;D ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2140 on: January 15, 2016, 01:02:38 PM »

fishfarm bawb did at one time. :)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2141 on: January 15, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »

I never get a cent. ;D ;D ;D
How about Eddy and the other protesters?  To get that many people to Vancouver cost several hundred dollars in fuel, and after a good protest, a man's gotta eat ...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2142 on: January 15, 2016, 01:17:23 PM »

How about Eddy and the other protesters?  To get that many people to Vancouver cost several hundred dollars in fuel, and after a good protest, a man's gotta eat ...
Shoot Eddie an e mail, not an important issue anyway in the scheme of things.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2143 on: January 15, 2016, 01:42:26 PM »

The Wild Salmon rally made the Global News today at 15:39 on this video with a follow up report about the effect of climate change on Wild Salmon.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1149299/watch-news-hour/

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2144 on: January 15, 2016, 02:48:10 PM »

Shoot Eddie an e mail, not an important issue anyway in the scheme of things.
Now some would say that's a deflection from answering the question.  Others might say hmmm ;D