Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1346185 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1875 on: December 02, 2015, 08:44:46 AM »

First Nations and Aquaculture. There are some very interesting comments all the way through this video. 
http://youtu.be/6X6xcqu09jk
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:00:22 AM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1876 on: December 02, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »

The goo in this old video of organic waste looks a lot like the stuff Chilliwack farmers spread by the ton on local fields to fertilize the crops we all eat, ie broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts and the crop you sell in summer months Chris, genetically modified corn ;D

I suggest what is sprayed on our fields, locally and in other agricultural areas, contains far more left over antibiotics, pesticides (from bovine, avian and porcine diets), and other pharmaceuticals including growth hormones, than all the salmon farms combined in BC waters.  And yet the general public is fine with this practice ::)

If I am wrong someone please educate me.
Non GMO corn my boy. ;D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1877 on: December 03, 2015, 09:23:50 AM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1879 on: December 03, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »

I would take it more seriously if they included the Atlantic farms in Washington. But then we all know where the big hype US funding comes from.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1880 on: December 03, 2015, 08:08:18 PM »

I would take it more seriously if they included the Atlantic farms in Washington. But then we all know where the big hype US funding comes from.
No need to keep repeating this as we have heard it from you so many times, old news as Dave says. ;D ;D ;D

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1881 on: December 03, 2015, 08:30:10 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/jeff-matthews/bc-salmon-farming_b_8695522.html

Another exaggerated piece of journalism with little fact and context. So much to hammer away on in this article. Most notably is about this "subsidy".  I am not sure how BC salmon farmers are getting a subsidy for being order to destroy diseased farmed salmon. Obviously Jeff Matthews doesn't know what he is talking about and spouts off this ignorance to others. How do fish farmers make money on fish that are not market size?  The answer is simple - they don't. This "subsidy" is what is paid to other agricultural sectors when they are forced to destroy their livestock due to disease. It's the law and it is meant to encourage those in the agricultural sector to comply. What Matthews fails to mention is that this compensation is only paid out when the CFIA orders that the livestock be destroyed. He didn't mention the fact that when BC fish farms on the WCVI proactively destroyed their farmed salmon a few years back due to an IHN outbreak they received no compensation. This is a good example why I don't support these activists. It is clear what the facts are, but they choose to ignore them. They are entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1882 on: December 03, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »

No need to keep repeating this as we have heard it from you so many times, old news as Dave says. ;D ;D ;D
And yet you and Almo never, ever, mention the salmon farms in Puget Sound ... I can easily understand why American born Morton and heir to the Hubbard fortune won't and doesn't, but why not you, Eddie, and the other anti's?  Why are their farms exempt from your criticism?  What are their farms doing that is better than BC's to make you believe they are OK?

Some answers please, no deflections.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1883 on: December 03, 2015, 10:45:12 PM »

And yet you and Almo never, ever, mention the salmon farms in Puget Sound ... I can easily understand why American born Morton and heir to the Hubbard fortune won't and doesn't, but why not you, Eddie, and the other anti's?  Why are their farms exempt from your criticism?  What are their farms doing that is better than BC's to make you believe they are OK?

Because activists are too busy with things on this side of the border.  If only they had more time, money and bodies they would be willing to take on things like salmon farms in Puget Sound and ranched salmon in Alaska.  Seeing as though activists in BC are getting verbal support from US senators and congress people on this it is probably best not to stir the pot south of the border, Dave.  The US is on the verge of expanding on its on aquaculture production so it wouldn't be good business to rock the boat there and put them in an awkward position, looking like hypocrites.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #1884 on: December 03, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »

Because activists are too busy with things on this side of the border.  If only they had more time, money and bodies they would be willing to take on things like salmon farms in Puget Sound and ranched salmon in Alaska.  Seeing as though activists in BC are getting verbal support from US senators and congress people on this it is probably best not to stir the pot south of the border, Dave.  The US is on the verge of expanding on its on aquaculture production so it wouldn't be good business to rock the boat there and put them in an awkward position, looking like hypocrites.

Sounds more like  your getting your "feelings" off your chest. Because that made absolutely no sense at all. Senators and congress pfft wtf. But it is good to get things off your chest so you can move on. Maybe people are against open pen salmon farming and not aquaculture. Please spare yourself one of your long winded answers.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1885 on: December 03, 2015, 11:12:37 PM »

So tell me Chris, why are those american foundations happy to fund anti salmon farm propaganda in Canada but not in the US? If they cared about wild salmon so much they would be funding the same crap against the salmon farmers in their own country. Just a marketing tactic on a sinking ship. The articles are sounding sillier each time. :) 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:11:22 AM by Fisherbob »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1886 on: December 03, 2015, 11:39:53 PM »

Sounds more like  your getting your "feelings" off your chest. Because that made absolutely no sense at all. Senators and congress pfft wtf. But it is good to get things off your chest so you can move on. Maybe people are against open pen salmon farming and not aquaculture. Please spare yourself one of your long winded answers.

Not surprised this makes no sense to you, but then again it is not my fault you are out to lunch with this. Ahhhh...that felt good getting that off my chest..lol. Thanks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1887 on: December 04, 2015, 09:31:19 AM »

Never want to spread one too thin, one battle at a time. ;D ;D ;D

Also, if I and a couple of others did not post info this thread would die, of course that would give you more time to works on rods and the other PAP gang able to spend more time at their jobs. ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:35:31 AM by chris gadsden »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1888 on: December 04, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »

About what I expected.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1889 on: December 04, 2015, 09:37:03 AM »

About what I expected.
You are welcome, did not want to disappoint you, get back to work. ;D ;D ;D