Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wading boots  (Read 4365 times)

pinkwool

Wading boots
« on: July 13, 2004, 05:01:16 PM »

I have Redington brand (from Fred's) and don't really like them (they have  :o paper  based :o insole, which obviously almost wore out now in 3-rd year). What are your favorite wading boots and how long do they last?

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Re:Wading boots
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 05:50:53 PM »

I agree with Fulcrum_29-a pair of Hodgman Lakestream are poorly made-maybe not as poorly made as others but not worth the money.

In fact speaking of wading boots I have rarely seen a positive report on any one brand.

People who are heavy waders say just buy a pair-wear 'em to death and buy new-their are no bargains and few brands worth the money.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 10:37:26 PM by Sam Salmon »

onemorecast8

• fish dreams
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 07:21:47 PM »

Simm's Guide Boots.....best you could buy in my opinion.  Already into my third set of soles.....lots of walking/wading!   You couldn't tell that they were that old looking at the uppers.   Also into my 2nd set of laces. :)

Last Cast

• Live to Fish ~ Fish to Live
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 11:32:28 PM »

Where does one go to get new felts put on that stay on?  Best to buy from Michael & Youngs?  I live in Delta and asked my local shoe repair store if they'd do it.  They said they couldn't guarantee a good seal  :(.  Where's a guy turn to ???.  I've got Simms Guide boots as well.

Muddler

• Tight Lines!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 08:44:47 AM »

Springbrook Makes a nice new wading boot. It is $10 more than the hodgmans and is an excellent boot with good construction and great ankle support.

Last Cast - Just bring the boots back to where you got them from.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 08:45:46 AM by Muddler »

onemorecast8

• fish dreams
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 02:45:01 PM »

Hey last cast....I took it to a Korean shoe repair shop on Kingsway.   On the north side across from London Drugs one block east of Metrotown.....hope this helps......by the way he did a great job on it.

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 02:50:44 PM »

Springbrook Makes a nice new wading boot. It is $10 more than the hodgmans and is an excellent boot with good construction and great ankle support.

Last Cast - Just bring the boots back to where you got them from.

I just got me Spingbrooks last week.  You can get them from Ruddick's in N. Van (among other places).

Harder than Hodgeman's and softer than leather boots.  A nice compromise at a great price.

Last Cast

• Live to Fish ~ Fish to Live
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 06:29:39 PM »

Appreciate the advice onemorecast8 and Muddler :D!  Called Michael & Young's and they referred me to Enzos Shoe Repair in the Surrey Place Mall.  In case anyone's interested, its $25 + taxes to remove old & install new.  Apparently, they do loads for M&Y's.  Great workmanship, I hear.