Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Operation BBQ at PegLeg  (Read 16191 times)

flyguy44

• who's a lama
Re:Operation BBQ at PegLeg
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2004, 09:00:24 PM »

It was great to meet everybody. I have a new respect for bar fishing and the people who do it . :)

thats alot of weight!  It's a very social type of fishing thanks for the invite and the help :) :)

P.S.   Chris sorry were not there to help if you .
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2004, 09:03:07 PM »

Just talked to Lew and he may give me a hand tomorrow.

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2004, 09:20:54 PM »

yeah sorry for bailing on you chris but we were just to dam wet, plus i had to get back just to relax lol

buddy with the lumina was still at it and going strong when we left you ARE going to need a truck and trailer if possible, plus where can you take it all too.
see you on the 26th if i can scrounge up a vehicle  :-[
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

flyguy44

• who's a lama
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2004, 09:24:13 PM »

Chris I live in Langley but if you need help send me a PM. I will check my messages in the morning if not I will definatley see you on the 26th
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2004, 09:52:46 PM »

Chris I live in Langley but if you need help send me a PM. I will check my messages in the morning if not I will definatley see you on the 26th
Thanks very much for the offer but way to far to drive.

Will check it out and deal with it somehow.

Bantam_50

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2004, 11:42:10 PM »

Well I was better late than never. Had problems sleeping due to foreign material in my eye (maybe it was from hacksawing that bar rod holder last night) and slept in. Then visiting company just when I got up added to the delay but we got there just as everyone was departing.

Wasn't sure where everyone was. So I left the fishing gear in the vehicle and headed up to check that spot gman. Sounds like a bar rod would definitely have gotten muscled out. Walked in, just in time to advise a BB'er that yes he did have a spring on. What was really annoying was after showing him how to tell the difference between a white and red (lookie under gill plate) he quickly began to clean it and yes confirm it was a white. A couple observers that showed up (I don't think they even had licenses) enquired about the roe, which the angler quickly stated , "here you can have the whole thing". I was quick to point out that he killed the fish, so he was required to tag it. Ended his day of trying for a red.

So I headed down near the Gong bar and noticed what looked like the FWR group across the way. Upon finding a garbage bag left as litter, I started a cleanup of the gong bar and about a 100 yds. up river. Saw 1 other white spring taken (again the BB'er wasn't sure if it was a spring) but thankfully no sock's. As the angler was gathering his fish up he asked why I was picking up line and garbage. I stated that the group over by the Canadian flags was paying me 50 bucks a garbage bag full. j/k...but maybe I should have, as they were all leaving anyhow and I might have got him to help.

Anyhow, with bag 3/4 full and soaked down to the my 'fruit of the loom', I backtracked in time to say hi to cmn, leadbelly and catch Fulcrum before everyone headed out. The Lumina was still going as I left after cmn.

As far as the SDA's next move. More pressure to have the media tell the rest of the country what is actually happening and how FOC/government is ignoring it.   :-\

BirdNester

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2004, 11:46:16 PM »

Ok, I give. What exactly was the guy doing in the Lumina? I have read it a couple times but I still don't get it. Anyone explain this Lumina guy's actions in detail?
RobertO

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2004, 11:59:14 PM »

Wondering the same thing  ???

Bantam_50

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2004, 12:07:57 AM »

Envision 2 fellas with spiked coca cola, driving a Lumina across the first water channel, dragging with a rope from the trunk, everything from half burned wood to rusted old boxsprings and anything else that resembled garbage. Energetic couple. Could it have been the paper bag?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »

Cleaning up garbage, lots of metal pieces and he was very vocal about it too. I think he was trying to get the media attention that was there covering the protest.

He asked what we were going to do about it so to quiet him down we told him to pile it there and CVRCC would deal with it.

Rod, and flyguy44 have  kindly offered to help but is far for flyguy to drive from Langley way.

Will check it out tomorrow and see how much is there and we will get it out of there somehow.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 12:11:31 AM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2004, 12:12:17 AM »

Thanks Bantam

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2004, 12:15:18 AM »

Dragging it across the water, that is about as bad as the person that threw it out there in the first place. :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2004, 12:26:23 AM »

How much did he have there at dark?

Anyone see as may need a dump truck tomorrow to haul it away.

TtotheE

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2004, 12:46:14 AM »

I left around 7 or 8.  The pile was quite large from what I remember.  Some nice sized pieces in there as well.  The thing is,  it was piss pouring rain so I can't remember if it was still there or not.  Was that image of a big pile in my mind from when I got there or from when I left?  Anyhow,  I think it'd fit in the back of a truck.  There was another pile in the middle of the bar.  Who throws out good tupperware?  Saw a little girl's sandals,  if a child is reported missing.  Also saw people cut down trees with a chainsaw for their makeshift tent  >:(

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2004, 02:07:30 PM »

More photos, provided by Lew.

Some of these protesters looked just a bit too..... happy. :)