Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frogg Togg jackets  (Read 2286 times)

vancook

• Old Timer
Frogg Togg jackets
« on: November 04, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »

Wondering if anyone has had problems with Frogg Togg Jackets?
Picked up a hellbender wading jacket the other day, wore it today and with the little rain there was the jacket soaked through.
Going to look into returning it later this week.
Any suggestions for a mid range priced jacket that any of you guys like.
thanks

Shawn6o4

Re: Frogg Togg jackets
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »

I recently bought a dakota jacket from marks work wearhouse for around a $100, works great lots of pockets too.

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:29:03 PM »

I bought the 50 buck tekk troad one last yr. Nice and light, kept me dry in monsoons and good against wind.
My only beef is that the threading on the upper chest zippers  came undone and the zipper fell off, easy fix though.
A swung fly is the best fly.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 10:40:46 PM »

I'v heard nothing but good things about the jackets, maybe you got a dud. Im picking one up next chance I get.
I will also 100% back their waders, by far the best waders I'v ever had the pleasure of beating the crap out of, and they are cheap too.
The 2 pairs I have, have lasted 2+ yrs of bush-wacking, 200+ days/yr of fishing, and some pretty vigorous field work in my fisheries program.

All in all, I would give another jacket a try, don't write em off yet. Best wading gear I have owned so far.

Cheers,
Dan

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 06:18:37 AM »

I'v heard nothing but good things about the jackets, maybe you got a dud. Im picking one up next chance I get.
I will also 100% back their waders, by far the best waders I'v ever had the pleasure of beating the crap out of, and they are cheap too.
The 2 pairs I have, have lasted 2+ yrs of bush-wacking, 200+ days/yr of fishing, and some pretty vigorous field work in my fisheries program.

All in all, I would give another jacket a try, don't write em off yet. Best wading gear I have owned so far.

Cheers,
Dan
thanks Dan. Must be a dud. seams were seeping...the pockets kept all my stuff dry. I liked the jacket, good pockets and cut nice for casting. Just got soaked instead of staying dry.
I will look into their waders, I'm going to need new ones soon. Did you have to order them online?

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 10:54:49 AM »

I went down to the states to buy mine...
I'm a fan of their $129 pairs. Have lasted me a good while so far. Kind of a beige colour.
I think you can buy higher price level pairs from them, but their cheap ones have done me well so far.

Cheers,
Dan

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »

What kind of waterproof materials do you look for when buying wading jackets?  Nylon or Polyester shells?  Gor-Tex or some similar membranes? 

Electroman

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 12:14:23 PM »

Gor-Tex for me. It breathes much better than the other two. If it's warm and I'm putting on some miles you'll sweat in anything.

crazypop

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 12:39:58 PM »

Are the ones that Freds have on sale any good?