Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Freak, is that a "new" pic in your signature?  (Read 1850 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Freak, is that a "new" pic in your signature?
« on: December 11, 2006, 09:29:51 PM »

Am I seeing things or is that a fly line and a nice fat bow you got? And am I mistaken or is that a kickboat your in??? Careful my friend, you could get sucked into the dark side....( and not the way thick rick imagines either.. :o)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: Freak, is that a "new" pic in your signature?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:52:58 PM »

that's a beautiful fish..and I got the same kick boat.. ;) I go by myself a lot...so I know what you mean...but it's also very peaceful that way..so I'm not minding all that much.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 06:17:16 PM »

Him and I were talking last night. I am trying to convince him to get back into it. I also have the Fish Cat 4 and I love it as well. The TFO is a nice rod but go look at EBAY as I have bought some better rods for the same price as a new TFO in the stores. I have a TFO in an 8wt since it can throw line out very easily as its a faster action rod. Never tried their lighter weight rods so maybe someone else can weigh in on them. Look at some Scott's,Orvis and Sages on EBAY. You would be surprised to see you can get them at such a great price.

So Xgolfman you going to join me in the new year and hit the Vedder for an attempt at Steelhead on the fly??

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »

Yes, that lake can have some decent sized rainbows in their for sure. I don't think you could pay me to ever eat one but they can be fun to catch and play around with though.

Friendly word of advise, don't grab onto the body of your fly when unhooking a fish with plyers. You won't have a fly left after a fish or two.  ;)
Actions speak louder than words.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 09:41:41 PM »

Him and I were talking last night. I am trying to convince him to get back into it. I also have the Fish Cat 4 and I love it as well. The TFO is a nice rod but go look at EBAY as I have bought some better rods for the same price as a new TFO in the stores. I have a TFO in an 8wt since it can throw line out very easily as its a faster action rod. Never tried their lighter weight rods so maybe someone else can weigh in on them. Look at some Scott's,Orvis and Sages on EBAY. You would be surprised to see you can get them at such a great price.

So Xgolfman you going to join me in the new year and hit the Vedder for an attempt at Steelhead on the fly??

I'm IN....I've got some good egg patterns etc. tied and am going to get one this year...gonna go a new route...So, yeah anytime....look forward to it..

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 07:14:13 PM »

lets hit the lake... ;)