Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hooks  (Read 7462 times)

Matt

• Old Timer
Re: hooks
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 09:54:12 AM »

DNE x2  Very sharp out of the package, strong too, very consistent product.

SnaggedADuck

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »

I have tried cheap ones and hate them, 2nd worst feeling in the world is losing a coho on a cheap hook that bends open.  The worst feeling in the world is bending that hook back cause you're too lazy and losing a second coho right in a row.  I use gammy's mostly and Owner periodically and haven't had any trouble.

NFM

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »

I know everyone talks about quality of the hooks and people complain that cheap hooks straighten out and such, what I would like to know is why do so many of you cheap out when it comes to purchasing hooks. Hear me out, So you spend endless amounts of money on new rods,reels,new line,waders, boots, vests , terminal tackle, but when it comes to hooks 75% of the people cheap out. All I have to say is why not pay the extra 5/10 dollars on the better quality hooks like owners or gammys.i just think 10 dollars is a small price to pay knowing that you are fishing with a top quality hook . Just a lil rant but seriously what do you all think ?

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 04:22:38 PM »

I know everyone talks about quality of the hooks and people complain that cheap hooks straighten out and such, what I would like to know is why do so many of you cheap out when it comes to purchasing hooks. Hear me out, So you spend endless amounts of money on new rods,reels,new line,waders, boots, vests , terminal tackle, but when it comes to hooks 75% of the people cheap out. All I have to say is why not pay the extra 5/10 dollars on the better quality hooks like owners or gammys.i just think 10 dollars is a small price to pay knowing that you are fishing with a top quality hook . Just a lil rant but seriously what do you all think ?

--not every shop has all the hooks available even from one manufacturer, or they're on order or have to by 50 etc.
--I know its expensive to stock the shelves but that is why often have to order from the internet.
--when you look at the wall it looks full but when you need a specialty hook it's often not there....also just a rant but like rods and reels each of us has their own opinion on what are the best characteristics of a good hook are.

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »

Try the new Gammi wide gap finesse hooks. Very nice bait hooks ;)