Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fishing AND swimming  (Read 20597 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: fishing AND swimming
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »

Try Blue Lake resort 15k out of Boston Bar.
http://www.bluelakeresort.ca/
Take the T out of Morton.

penguinabc123

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 07:06:16 PM »

Maybe something off of Kane valley rd south of Merritt, lots of potential non-provincial lakes.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 07:27:59 PM »

Try Blue Lake resort 15k out of Boston Bar.
http://www.bluelakeresort.ca/

This is a private lake (only resort access) so not likely to meet your needs.  The small beach area is very busy.  The swimming is good though and you might catch a small rainbow in the evening if you are lucky.
Not all those who wander are lost

The Fish Hunter

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »

Silver Lake!

rickjames_2

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 08:05:07 AM »

Silver Lake!

If you mean Silver Lake, as in the one near Hope, it is a Provincial campground managed by Sea to Sky Park Services, and I understood the O.P. didn't want to be in a provincial campground because of possible noise restrictions. I guess you can park on the road beside the lake, but B.C. Park Rangers or Conservation will remove you if you are found camping there.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

thewilliamswall

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 11:39:37 AM »

Penguin- exactly what I'm looking for!

My backroad map book doesn't specify if its good to swim which is annoying. That 'ifish' or fish bc site lets you search by 'swimming' but not by region as well so you go thru dozens of lakes up north and on the island...

Kane valley looks great and has like 8 lakes. Ones gotta be swimable where we can rough it along the shore with our music cranked.

Thanks for the input guys!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »

How about Stacy lake. Not a lake that get mentioned alot.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

colin6101

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »

No real camping at stacey lake and I wouldn't think of it as a good swimming lake either, very shallow with a very muddy shoreline.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 03:31:33 PM »

Penguin- exactly what I'm looking for!

My backroad map book doesn't specify if its good to swim which is annoying. That 'ifish' or fish bc site lets you search by 'swimming' but not by region as well so you go thru dozens of lakes up north and on the island...

Kane valley looks great and has like 8 lakes. Ones gotta be swimable where we can rough it along the shore with our music cranked.

Thanks for the input guys!

I fish those lakes allot. FULL of ATV'ers and VERY busy in the summer. Not many people swim in those lakes though for reasons I dont know

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 09:50:23 AM »

Ones gotta be swimable where we can rough it along the shore with our music cranked.

I have never understood this behaviour of going out of ones way to "rough it" at a quiet lake only to "crank" one's music.  I personally find any "unnatural" sounds (acoustic guitars aside) to be quite grating in such a setting (you can hear approaching vehicles/ATVs from miles away).  Then there is the fact that sound carries much further across a lake than across land, so you are effectively imposing your own taste in music on everyone else on the lake. Damn them if they do not like it.  I do appreciate your taking the time to try to find a secluded lake where you would not disturb other people. It used to be that there were enough empty spaces out there where you might have had the area to yourself (although a 4x4 was usually still necessary), so you might have been able to "crank" the tunes and not ruin someone else's weekend.  Today, however, even the roughest 4x4 accessible lakes is likely to be shared between 2 or 3 users, who are going to need to respect each other. I wonder...why not enjoy the natural setting for what it is?  You would then not be in danger of disrespecting any other users out there.

thewilliamswall

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »

sandman- The whole reason we avoid provincial sites is to be able to do what we want when we want. If a man cant stay up til 5am in front of a fire, cranking country and singing along at the top of his lungs, then wake up a few hours later and fire off a 100 rounds before he jumps in his float tube to drink away the afternoon, then what's the point???

If you don't want to be "disrespected" and want a quiet, peaceful, easy going camping then go provincial or a private lake- that's what they are there for. When my baby boy is old enough and I can take him and the wife that's what we'll do- tunkwa, roche, cultus, etc.

Anyways, if you are out in the boonies and the music at night keeps you up and has you feeling disrespected, then you either need to find a new spot or grab a beer and a joint and go join the party!

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 08:27:10 PM »

Anyways, if you are out in the boonies and the music at night keeps you up and has you feeling disrespected, then you either need to find a new spot or grab a beer and a joint and go join the party!

Ah lovely attitude... self entitlement at its best. too bad u'll be passing that to ur son eventually.

thewilliamswall

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »

Am I "self entitled" because I purposely go far away so to have as little effect on my surroundings as possible?

Or are you "self entitled" because you expect everyone to do what you want wherever you go?

I hope you aren't passing on that attitude to anyone because the real world will eat them alive.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »

Am I "self entitled" because I purposely go far away so to have as little effect on my surroundings as possible?

You answered that here...

Remember, I drove just as far as you did to get away from the city and the parties, and the crowded Provincial campgrounds to enjoy the quiet peace of our natural heritage, and now you are telling me that I need to find a new spot if I don't like it that you are singing country and western tunes at the top of your lungs until 5 am and then firing off a 100 rounds. You are effectively telling me that you have more right to do what you want than I do, so yeah, that is "self-entitled".  Where what you are doing is keeping me from doing what I want, what I am doing is not stopping you from doing what you want (after all you probably wouldn't even know I was there nor that I was driven away by your selfish behaviour). I was simply questioning why you would want to impose your will over other peace loving British Columbians, why you would want to disturb the quiet enjoyment of our super natural province by doing what you could just as easily do in your own house. But then again, you answered that already, haven't you.

thewilliamswall

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »

" just as easily do in your own house"

Riiiiiiggght, cuz campfires by a lake and shooting guns can totally be done inside my house... Where do you come up with this stuff?

How about 'thanks for respecting those of us who wish to have a quiet night and enjoy the sounds of nature by finding a remote spot in the middle of nowhere to do your shenanigans'

Now, if you want stay on your soap box how about you go after the drunks and rowdys at the provincial and private lakes who say screw the rules and party all night and leave garbage and ruin the whole weekend for dozens of families?