Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River Breakins !!  (Read 20892 times)

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
Re: Vedder River Breakins !!
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 08:13:35 PM »

wish they'd setup a bait car there or something  :-\
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

fullahead

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2008, 08:25:19 AM »

Lickman Road yesterday, 1100.00 dollars worth of damage, for two dollars of change! The adjuster at ICBC said, off the record, level your truck unlocked. I don’t know? :-[

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »

sounds like the big city has come to chilliwack... It's a real shame! I now see crackheads next to Wendy's/Petrocan everytime weekend that I fill up for gas...

I saw someone who looked out of place at wilson road saturday, and he was posing as a birder, with a backback and binoculars on... Caucasian male, mid 40s, 5'10" dark hair (which was receeding/bald spot).

When I got back to my truck, he was slowly walking past it and looking at it, but not inside. I said hello and stared at him. He kinda just sat there, looking around with his binoculars.

I decided to reposition my truck on the high part of the dyke and got on the phone, just sitting there staring at him. Then finally, he went to walk up the dyke, and just as he was rounding the bend, he turned around to see if I was still there... He promptly left the area on foot.

I'd suggest keeping an eye out for this guy... I might have been wrong, as I am suspicious of many people through spending a few years in Vancouver.

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2008, 05:25:07 PM »

Here's a pic of a guy in the news yesterday. Stealing multiple cars and driving down the wrong side of the highway in Abbotsford to avoid being arrested and then not getting his crack fix for the day. He almost killed people with the car, truck and whatever else he stole during his rampage.

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

WildRod

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »

sounds like the big city has come to chilliwack... It's a real shame! I now see crackheads next to Wendy's/Petrocan everytime weekend that I fill up for gas...

I saw someone who looked out of place at wilson road saturday, and he was posing as a birder, with a backback and binoculars on... Caucasian male, mid 40s, 5'10" dark hair (which was receeding/bald spot).

When I got back to my truck, he was slowly walking past it and looking at it, but not inside. I said hello and stared at him. He kinda just sat there, looking around with his binoculars.

I decided to reposition my truck on the high part of the dyke and got on the phone, just sitting there staring at him. Then finally, he went to walk up the dyke, and just as he was rounding the bend, he turned around to see if I was still there... He promptly left the area on foot.

I'd suggest keeping an eye out for this guy... I might have been wrong, as I am suspicious of many people through spending a few years in Vancouver.

Cheers,
Nicole

Good eyes Nicole!  Thanks for posting this description.  Hopefully this thread can be useful to make us all more aware of our surroundings when gearing up (or down) for a day on the flow.  I think you did the perfect thiing by acknowledging him.  Just a simple "hello" to these people will make them feel uncomforatable since they know someone has seen their face.  Sure, if these guys want to break in, they'll find a way.  But if we all are able to make simple contacts with people in the parking lot like this, we just may deter them for another day saving a lot of hassle.

Cheers,
Clint