Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: capilano river  (Read 34581 times)

torontopike

Re: capilano river
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 10:18:23 PM »

cohos are in the system . i have seen a guy landed nice 2 pounder . get your gears ready and go gang bang those little hoes. 

frozensalmon

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:58 PM »

in the mouth?

2 pound, sounds like early coho are little guys
more coho, more coho... ::)

torontopike

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:39 PM »

no at the cable pool and i saw a couple more. tried to trick them but failed. they were good amount of steelheads though but they also didn't interested in any of my offers  ???

Drewhill

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2012, 12:15:23 AM »

With the water being as low as it has been those fish have probably been in there for a while. And why target steelhead? By now they are spawned out and should be left alone.

jacked55

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:35 AM »

and so it begins...

pintoNL

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 10:03:51 AM »

Was there on Monday (just for a walk), and didn't spot anything but a couple of steelies and a trout (I think it was) in cable pool.
So if youre a nice responsible person and don't target the steelies, its not wort it yet..

A little more patience....  ;)

joy-of-fishing

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »

and so it begins...

Welcome to lower mainland salmon fishing

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 11:28:38 AM »

Im going to make some popcorn! Sit back and enjoy the show!

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »

Water level at the cap is low this morning , only at level 2.  
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:34:38 AM by leapin' tyee »

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 01:23:32 PM »

Water level at the cap is low this morning , only at level 2.  

Just came back from a short trip this morning. Water is moving a bit on the slow side. No action to report of.

joy-of-fishing

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »

I was there yesterday morning as well slow and no fish

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »

Everybody needs to calm down just a little bit.  The early run of coho, up until mid June, are 3lbs at the biggest.  There is no reason for there to be fishing reports every day from the Capilano.  Capilano report, no fish, Capilano report, no fish, Capilano report, I got a 7 incher, wow cool story bro.   It blows my f^#$@%g mind.  For this time of year the river is absolutely crawling with people.  I think it's a direct result of threads like this.  Beeks everywhere using treble hooks, doing the old grip and rip into a pod of steelhead trying to spawn.  LEAVE THE SPAWNERS ALONE!!!!!!!

On a side note, I spoke to another angler friend of mine, he claims he saw a Summer Steelhead get a rock shampoo the other day, by another angler who should know better.  So, one of the 9 remaining summer run Steelhead in the Cap has been killed.  If you plan on fishing the Cap, please learn the difference between a Steelhead and a Coho.  They are not the same, just because it has a clipped fin does not mean you can kill it.  Drives me nuts.  If you plan on fishing from the Cable Pool, learn how to properly land a fish there, without dragging it up the cliff with your 30lb leader, 100lb braid, and halibut rod.

I do realize that these coho are put here for us to catch and kill, they are 100% hatchery fish, but this is getting rediculous.  Rant over, tight lines...

Oh, Capilano river report, I caught no fish, but I did speak to 7 other anglers who also caught no fish.  So, therefore, there are no numbers yet.  But that wont stop the 100 guys from trying tomorrow...

DudyV

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »

Yes, it was Rudy that killed that summer run. He has been around for many years. He claimed it was a spring but anyone with a brain knows a summer looks different. Way to go Rudy!

Old Blue

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 03:37:04 PM »

Yes, it was Rudy that killed that summer run. He has been around for many years. He claimed it was a spring but anyone with a brain knows a summer looks different. Way to go Rudy!

I hope you reported it!!!!

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »

Are you sure it was Rudy ? Like you said he has been around many years, should know the difference between a spring and a steelhead.  ::)