British Columbia Sport & Outdoor Lounge > Hunters' Cabin

Beginner Hunter

(1/3) > >>

THE_ROE_SLINGER:
Hello I'am interested in hunting and was wondering how I would get my license?? Also are there some good areas in chilliwake or something to hunt for some birds :)

Guppy:
Roe kid in order to get a hunting licence you have to take the core course and get an FAC,there are several options of where and when you can take the required course,look in the hunting section of the buy n sell there is usually several listings that offer the course you require,as for local bird hunting ,there are some good areas locally to hunt birds but i personally dont hunt birds so i cant help you to much on that one.

leaseman:
Roe Kid...

Good place to start is to join up on HintingBC.ca or huntshoot.com...lots of good advise and people will steer you in the right direction for the courses you need....

Mike

THE_ROE_SLINGER:

--- Quote from: leaseman on January 17, 2007, 07:25:51 AM ---Roe Kid...

Good place to start is to join up on HintingBC.ca or huntshoot.com...lots of good advise and people will steer you in the right direction for the courses you need....

Mike

--- End quote ---
  Thanks WIll do

dennyman:
Hi Roe kid: You may also want to check out some of the Fish and Game clubs at the sportsman show in Abbotsford in March. You can talk to some folks and get information about joining a club and I think for a beginner hunter that would be a good place to start. Also, I looked at the hunting regulations for 2006-2007. Something else to consider is that for licence requirements "a person 14 years of age or older and under 19 must apply for a hunting licence in person in the presence of a parent or guardian, who must sign an Acknowledgement of Responsiblity" for his/her son,  daughter or ward.
Also, hunters who are under the age of 19 must be accompanied and closely supervised while hunting by a person who is 19 years of age or older and who holds a hunting licence. Just some other things to consider if you decide to pursue taking up hunting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version