British Columbia Sport & Outdoor Lounge > Hunters' Cabin

Favorite game animal...

(1/5) > >>

leaseman:
What animal (or bird) do you like hunting the most... and why....
When I was 8 my Dad had switched from hunting deer to moose, so when I started going on actual hunting trips (usually a week long) with him it was for moose around the Vanderhoof area...36 years later I have hunted Vanderhoof with family and friends with great success....

I can still remember the first mule deer I shot, a nice 3x3, and when I walked up to it I couldn't understand the thrill people got from deer hunting....the animals looked so small!!!!...Since that first deer I have taken roughly 20 Island deer and 15+ mulies....the thrill I hget the most is still chasing the swamp donkeys...

What gets you cranked going into a season....???

Mike

searun17:
Nothing gets me going more than the predawn bugle of a nearby mature bull elk,it sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

Steelhead King:
I actually like to hunt mulies.. by far they are the hardest and smartest animal that i have hunted.. they can be almost anywhere, you have to be at the right time at the right places....  As far as like moose, they are easy when they in heat, you can almost set up anywhere and call them right to you..  Bull elk is another thing that i want get in 2007 love how they bugle...   My hunting plan for the next 5-10 years is to get myself a nice billy, big full curl ram and cougar. IF time is permitted, i would like to do a African safari for Kudu, springbuck and maybe a cape buffalo.  Also want to go to New Mexico for some bird shooting... 

leaseman:
S.K....
Big plans man!!!!

Good luck on your journey....

Mike

kingpin:
love hunting ducks mostly, though i like deer hunting as well. got into bow hunting 2  years ago and i love it, havent shot anything but ive gotten very accurate to about 50-60 yards, its the best kind of hunting IMO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version