British Columbia Sport & Outdoor Lounge > Hunters' Cabin

The Evening Flight, Dec. 11, A Hunting Thread

(1/4) > >>

chris gadsden:
Thought I would start a new thread where those interested in hunting can post their reports and pictures. As well to show respect to those that donot enjoy hunting and donot wish to read about trips a field so not to have them get into a thread about something else like we did on the Boxing Day Steelhead Derby thread.

Continuing from my poor day of shooting story from the thread mentioned above.

Went out to a local hazenut orchard for the last 15 minutes of hunting time. The wind was just howling but the ducks were really coming in, the trouble is they were all wood ducks, ducks that I seldom shoot. Not sure if I go back to the days they were in depressed numbers or is it they are such a beautful bird. The good news they are have rebounded to very good numbers here in the Valley.

So my day end 1 for 20, time now to go and try to hit a bird of a different feather, the badminton bird, I know I can hit it at least 80 or 90 percent of the time, I think so anyway. ;D ;D

lucky:
wood ducks sure are beautiful birds. I can remember as a kid my dad shot a pair and was so impressed with their looks he had them mounted on a piece of drift wood. He always liked to show them off to his friends, until one day he got home and a crazy hound dog we were trying to train had ripped both birds to shreds, Ive personally never seen my dad so mad. He didn't kill the dog, but one day soon after we were hunting and the dog ran off, I got a little upset and my father turned to me and said "son, if he wants run thats fine, maybe its better that way", and we never saw the dog again.

chris gadsden:
Yes this is a good spot for interesting hunting stories like this too.

Maybe Rodney needs to start another categories, for hunters only. ;D ;D

Trout Slayer:

--- Quote from: chris gadsden on December 11, 2006, 07:22:09 PM ---Yes this is a good spot for interesting hunting stories like this too.

Maybe Rodney needs to start another categories, for hunters only. ;D ;D

--- End quote ---
Sounds good to me.  ;D

Nuggy:
Even though I`m an avid bird watcher I also enjoy reading about hunting and love being out in the field for hunts. I love the taste of wild game with a preference for moose and duck  ;) Bring on the new area.

Cheers

Nuggy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version