Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61334 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2021, 08:24:40 AM »

guy complains about a vaccines development, proceeds to take a pill from the same company to make his penis hard.

what a world we live in.

You need help.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2021, 09:10:36 AM »

No one is making anyone get a vaccine. Vaccines or inoculations  in various forms have been used for close to 300 years or even more with minimal risk. Even the current blood clot issues are very rare and only linked to A_Z in a limited way. They have done  more to eliminate death and harm from disease than anything medial science has done other than public hygiene.

I don't think Banx's comments were specially directed at you but it is ironic that some people reject vaccine use but are more than willingly to use other medical technologies that are more about marketing and less about public good.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »

I don't think Banx's comments were specially directed at you but it is ironic that some people reject vaccine use but are more than willingly to use other medical technologies that are more about marketing and less about public good.

Nevermind the little blue pills lol... most of us have no problem going to Micky D, or purchasing any products from Superstore without questioning the ingredients and their risks. 😆

Does the blue pill really work? 😆

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2021, 09:43:30 AM »

So, what document?

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2021, 10:38:41 AM »

No one is making anyone get a vaccine. Vaccines or inoculations  in various forms have been used for close to 300 years or even more with minimal risk. Even the current blood clot issues are very rare and only linked to A_Z in a limited way. They have done  more to eliminate death and harm from disease than anything medial science has done other than public hygiene.

I guess I jave to repeat myself since most people just don't listen. I am NOT against vaccines. Never have been. I'm vaccinated against things, my children are vaccinated. My issue is with the new experimental mRNA vaccines. I certainly don't think it's too much to ask. All I ask for is long term data. I know it's my choice but soon it won't be. I know that the BCTF was quoted in the Vancouver Sun a few days ago saying "I hope the plans include going to school sites to start vaccinating,”. I believe it is dangerous to inject children with a mRNA technology withoit long term data. I do believe that hey, if you're in your 70's and you want protection now, then go for it. But for those of us that have many more years of life ( especially children ), this technology should be avoided till long term data is available. Soon weather its next year or the year after these vaccines will be mandatory for children. Its not right.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2021, 10:39:56 AM »

Nevermind the little blue pills lol... most of us have no problem going to Micky D, or purchasing any products from Superstore without questioning the ingredients and their risks. 😆

Does the blue pill really work? 😆

Speak for yourself pal. Some of us actually read ingredients on a box. Some of us don't put fast food poison in out bodies.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2021, 10:40:02 AM »

B.C. RCMP reveals locations of COVID-19 travel checkpoints

https://globalnews.ca/news/7837695/bc-covid-road-check-locations/amp/

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2021, 10:47:31 AM »

What new mRNA technology?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2021, 02:50:26 PM »

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

mRNA Vaccines Are New, But Not Unknown

Researchers have been studying and working with mRNA vaccines for decades. Interest has grown in these vaccines because they can be developed in a laboratory using readily available materials. This means the process can be standardized and scaled up, making vaccine development faster than traditional methods of making vaccines.

mRNA vaccines have been studied before for flu, Zika, rabies, and cytomegalovirus (CMV). As soon as the necessary information about the virus that causes COVID-19 was available, scientists began designing the mRNA instructions for cells to build the unique spike protein into an mRNA vaccine.

Future mRNA vaccine technology may allow for one vaccine to provide protection for multiple diseases, thus decreasing the number of shots needed for protection against common vaccine-preventable diseases.

Beyond vaccines, cancer research has used mRNA to trigger the immune system to target specific cancer cells.

The pfizer and moderna vaccines are mRNA vaccines while Astrazeneca, Jhonson and Johnson. the Sputnik and various Sino vaccines are older style viral vector vaccines

Viral vector-based vaccines, such as those developed by AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson, use a harmless virus, or adenovirus, as a delivery system to trigger the immune system to create antibodies to fight off an infection by SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes COVID-19. 

The adenovirus is not SARS-CoV-2 itself, but rather a different, harmless virus that has been manipulated so it’s unable to replicate and cause illness.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/what-is-the-difference-between-mrna-and-viral-vector-based-vaccines-1.5413806
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Roderick

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2021, 05:38:42 PM »

The biggest difference between the mRNA type and the viral vector type is how the genetic code for the spike protein is delivered.

The adenovirus injects DNA into cells, which is then transcribed in to RNA, which is then translated in to protein by the normal cellular process.  The protein is what causes the immune response, giving us immunity.

The mRNA type vaccines are delivered with nano sized lipid spheres, very much like soap bubbles, which simply merge with the cell membrane.  The mRNA is then immediately translated in to protein.  This technology cuts out quite a few steps.  The mRNA itself is quite unstable (hence the need for -80 C freezers) and doesn't last very long in the cell.  It also never goes in to the nucleus so there is no way it can alter the DNA of the cell. 

Quite the elegant technology, and in the real world, with millions of doses administered, there have been zero safety issues.
You shoulda been here yesterday.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2021, 05:50:28 PM »

Quite the elegant technology, and in the real world, with millions of doses administered, there have been zero safety issues.

Not true.

No real issues tied directly to the vaccine because it's almost impossible to pin point. People HAVE died immediately after or days after the first dose. Not to mention the people who suffered many other major side effects. But hey, no way to tell if the vaccine caused issues. Oh, there was a 15 year old boy in Colorado that suffered a heart attack a day after the vaccine.

Roderick

« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2021, 05:55:40 PM »

I'm sure if you searched for it you would find a huge number of cases where people died the day before they were supposed to be vaccinated.  But you wont look that up because all you want is to confirm your own personal beliefs.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2021, 05:55:45 PM »

Study: Single Pfizer dose only 30% effective against U.K. variant so spacing is riskier

The study was published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine

https://calgarysun.com/news/study-single-pfizer-dose-only-30-effective-against-u-k-variant-so-spacing-is-riskier/wcm/58757924-9306-4a37-848a-d74fc47e6976

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2021, 06:09:38 PM »

No real issues tied directly to the vaccine because it's almost impossible to pin point. People HAVE died immediately after or days after the first dose. Not to mention the people who suffered many other major side effects. But hey, no way to tell if the vaccine caused issues. Oh, there was a 15 year old boy in Colorado that suffered a heart attack a day after the vaccine.

not sure how that happened since the vaccine hasn't been in general use with people under the age of 16 in the US and is not planned to take place until later this month. Trials have found no serious side effects.

More fake news?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/health/pfizer-biontech-vaccine-adolescents.html

Roderick

« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2021, 06:15:46 PM »

Yes, Nog, it's pretty obvious 2 shots are better then 1, but given limited supply it's better to have 100 people with 70% chance of immunity then 50 people with 90% and 50 with none. 

Moderna is trialing a modified mRNA that specifically targets the variants.  They are even talking about a third shot being better then just 2. 

If we could vaccinate the whole world right now, there would be far less chance of new variants spreading but, again, limited supply.