Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61330 times)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2021, 08:01:38 PM »

as long as our kids won't look like sea monkeys...

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2021, 12:23:24 PM »

Alberta reports 296 new COVID-19 cases, declining hospitalizations

Alberta released new provincial COVID-19 vaccine data Thursday showing only a minuscule percentage of people with their first dose got infected or needed hospitalization.

Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta's chief medical officer of health, said the vaccines have proven even more effective than expected. Since January, 96 per cent of all COVID-19 cases in Alberta were either unvaccinated or diagnosed within two weeks of getting their first shot while their immunity was still building.

Just 0.2 per cent of all Albertans who received their first dose got COVID-19 after two-weeks had passed since getting the shot.

Over that same period, 93 per cent of the people who needed hospital care were either not vaccinated or were diagnosed with infection within two weeks of receiving their first dose.

"Our data also clearly show the vaccines are effective against the most common variants circulating in Alberta right now," Hinshaw said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/deena-hinshaw-alberta-covid-19-1.6051592

Every passing day it becomes clearer that the vaccine is having it's desired effect.

Due to my existing medical condition, I well understand that should I contract the virus, that would spell lights out for me.
Too much left to do to take that chance, so I was pleased to get on with the show (despite a few reactions that ended up being both predicted and short lived). Each to their own, do what you will. For me the choice was obvious.

For others not so much... 

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2021, 12:58:30 PM »

The mRNA vaccine revolution is just beginning

mRNA brought us a Covid-19 vaccine in record speed. Next it could tackle flu, malaria or HIV

While the world remains focused on the rollout of Covid-19 vaccines, the race for the next generation of mRNA vaccines – targeted at a variety of other diseases – is already exploding. Moderna and BioNTech each have nine candidates in development or early clinical trials. There are at least six mRNA vaccines against flu in the pipeline, and a similar number against HIV. Nipah, Zika, herpes, dengue, hepatitis and malaria have all been announced.

“Biotech generally doesn’t have as much disruption as the computer tech industry – development times are long, it's heavily regulated. So you can usually see change coming,” says Hartaj Singh, an industry analyst with Oppenheimer & Co. “Covid turned that on its head; mRNA vaccines quickly came out as the big winner. Lots of older vaccine platforms will be gone – replaced – in a few years, or at least greatly diminished.”

Şahin would go further. “It will be transformative, there's no question. It will be absolutely transformative. Many older vaccine platforms will not survive.” But, he says, the impact will go beyond what we already know. “There are so many more things we can do. This is not just a replacement; we will be coming up with other new medical innovations that wouldn’t otherwise be possible.”

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/mrna-vaccine-revolution-katalin-kariko

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2021, 01:57:19 PM »

Most of the mRNA vaccines mentioned above were in development & even being tested well before the pandemic hit.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2021, 02:19:48 PM »

Most of the mRNA vaccines mentioned above were in development & even being tested well before the pandemic hit.

Not a Vaccine. Just sayin. Not a vaccine in the traditional sense of typical virus vector vaccines. It's more of an operating system. Gene therapy. Certainly NOT a traditional virus vector.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2021, 04:05:05 PM »

Not a Vaccine. Just sayin. Not a vaccine in the traditional sense of typical virus vector vaccines. It's more of an operating system. Gene therapy. Certainly NOT a traditional virus vector.
Please stop. You are embarrassing all fishermen.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2021, 11:49:35 AM »

Some were, some weren't.

https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/52424.html

As the article I cited notes, the progress has been tremendous, and the potential advances (rapid that is) are extremely fascinating.

You should try and be somewhat less of a contrarian Ralphie Ol' Chap. Unfortunate that is so deeply ingrained in you that you have to try and find fault even with the positive...

Nog

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2021, 12:51:00 PM »

you're calling me a contrarian? Oh that's rich!  ;D

for your reference:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/89998

While an mRNA vaccine has never been on the market anywhere in the world, mRNA vaccines have been tested in humans before, for at least four infectious diseases: rabies, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and Zika.

you also failed to mention or find (or whoever sent you the link did) that mrna cancer vaccine were also in trial prior to the current pandemic.

..researchers have focused on utilizing mRNA vaccines in another arena that is currently lacking any form of disease prevention, cancer (1, 4, 7). Think about that for a minute. mRNA vaccines have the potential to destroy cancer. This is not just an idea they are working with. It is a reality for the near future. There are multiple cancer vaccines currently in phase 2 and 3 trials.

https://www.oligotherapeutics.org/facts-about-mrna-vaccines-and-the-decades-of-research-that-went-into-creating-them/

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:11:50 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2021, 01:08:22 PM »

you're calling me a contrarian? Oh that's rich! 

Not so much "rich" as REALITY.   ;)

Cheers

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2021, 01:13:52 PM »

...and so rich with irony! LOL.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2021, 03:19:50 PM »

Mad Max's shenanigans finally got him arrested:

Maxime Bernier arrested in Manitoba for violating public health orders

These are not the first rallies Bernier has attended or promoted, and he has been fined in other jurisdictions for attending rallies.

In early May, he was ticketed along with dozens of people in Regina and Saskatoon for violating public health orders at anti-COVID-19 restrictions rallies.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7942674/maxime-bernier-arrested-manitoba-violating-public-health-orders/

And while there are a few "special" folks here who may applaud his stance, the vest majority that I know with any sense whatsoever are all saying ABOUT TIME!

Cheers,
Nog

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2021, 04:36:09 PM »

What a dumbass

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2021, 07:37:05 AM »

Bernier’s case will get tossed out fast, cause the judge knows it’s a joke

IronNoggin