Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61331 times)

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2021, 04:03:50 PM »

One thing I know for sure though... We're all getting a lot smarter with Bill Gates' DNA in our blood. Look how many vaccine experts we got here. ;)

I didn't like Bill Gates intrusion into my life and all the issues with Microsoft software (virus, exploits, blue screens of death etc).  So I learned to install Linux OS and haven't had a virus since.   ;D :P

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2021, 09:45:35 AM »

Hey look. Clickbait.
"People who were infected and never had symptoms also may be left with long-lasting immunity, the researchers speculated."

If that's your take home from this one, it certainly says a lot about your comprehensive skills.

Nog

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2021, 11:23:18 AM »

http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/COVID-19_vaccine/AEFI_reports/COVID19_AEFI_Weekly_Report_2021-05-27.pdf

I believe it's important to read from sources and not get all info from the media.  The 13 cases of Bells Palsy in British Columbia along with the 228 cases of anaphylaxis treated with epinephrine makes me go hmmm.  The 228 cases of may be from fainting or anxiety as the report says. Correlation doesn't equal causation  :-X

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2021, 11:57:49 AM »

BC is reporting higher rates of anaphylaxis than many other Canadian jurisdictions, but about half of these had lower level of diagnostic certainty and may reflect events such as anxiety or pre-syncopal (fainting) events, which are nevertheless managed as anaphylaxis out of an abundance of caution, and reported thereafter. Serious events have not been reported at rates higher than expected compared to background rates (Summary Pg 1)

Two hundred twenty-eight reports were received for events managed as anaphylaxis (i.e., the client received epinephrine for a suspected anaphylactic reaction). Of these, 127  (56%) met the Brighton Collaboration definition for anaphylaxis with diagnostic certainty levels of 1, 2, or 3.11Upon further review of these reports, many may reflect events such as anxiety or pre-syncopal (fainting) events. (pg 5)

Anaphylaxis is the most common serious side effect for any vaccine. It's why when a person receives a vaccine they have to remain at or near the place where the vaccine was administered.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2021, 08:19:01 PM »

Anaphylaxis is the most common serious side effect for any vaccine. It's why when a person receives a vaccine they have to remain at or near the place where the vaccine was administered.

Copy and paste guru. Makes you look smart. Bravo 👏

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2021, 10:08:52 PM »

Copy and paste guru. Makes you look smart. Bravo 👏

LOL!   ;D
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2021, 11:08:50 AM »

NACI Flip-Flops again:

Second vaccine doses should be given ASAP: NACI

Canada’s vaccine advisory board is changing its recommendation on when to give people their second COVID-19 vaccine.

The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) says now that there’s a greater vaccine supply flowing into Canada, second shots should be doled out as soon as possible.

“The 16-week interval was the upper limit and provinces and territories should aim to start administering second doses as quickly as regional logistics allows it,” said NACI Chair Dr. Caroline Quach-Thanh, in a statement online.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/05/28/second-vaccine-doses-should-be-given-asap-naci/

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2021, 01:11:14 PM »

Death bed denials, pandemic 'hoax' accusations common in southern Manitoba hospital patients, doctor says

A southern Manitoba hospital physician says staff are exhausted by a recent crush of admissions, but they're also up against something else that's draining energy and morale.

Staff at Boundary Trails Health Centre are routinely hearing from sick and unvaccinated patients who believe the pandemic is a hoax — some remaining defiant even on the brink of death.

"We hear this almost every day, and I know that's startling," said Dr. Ganesan Abbu. "It's difficult ... to know that almost 100 per cent of our admissions have not been vaccinated."

"I think nurses have found it difficult to handle a community, certain segments of the community, who believe that this is a hoax, that the virus doesn't exist, and other untruths, like the vaccine is going to put a chip into each one of us who's been vaccinated and people will be able to track us," he said.

Abbu has personally experienced patients who, even nearing death, remained in denial and continued to assert untruths about the pandemic. "I've had two patients who have died and even right until the time that they died, they didn't believe that they had it," Abbu said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winkler-doctor-hospital-vaccine-hesitancy-1.6044904

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2021, 02:54:04 PM »

NACI Flip-Flops again:

Second vaccine doses should be given ASAP: NACI

Canada’s vaccine advisory board is changing its recommendation on when to give people their second COVID-19 vaccine.

The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) says now that there’s a greater vaccine supply flowing into Canada, second shots should be doled out as soon as possible.

“The 16-week interval was the upper limit and provinces and territories should aim to start administering second doses as quickly as regional logistics allows it,” said NACI Chair Dr. Caroline Quach-Thanh, in a statement online.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/05/28/second-vaccine-doses-should-be-given-asap-naci/

BC made this announcement for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines Thursday and other Province had done so a day or 2 earlier.

Regarding "Flip flops" - there are 3 perfectly good reasons to switch back to a shorter time frame

- sufficient supply, closer to the original recommendation gives higher immunity, the increasing presence of variants from India to which all vaccines provide lower protection though receiving both vaccinedoeses provides higher immunity than just one.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 04:09:38 PM by RalphH »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2021, 08:03:25 PM »

Death bed denials, pandemic 'hoax' accusations common in southern Manitoba hospital patients, doctor says

A southern Manitoba hospital physician says staff are exhausted by a recent crush of admissions, but they're also up against something else that's draining energy and morale.

Staff at Boundary Trails Health Centre are routinely hearing from sick and unvaccinated patients who believe the pandemic is a hoax — some remaining defiant even on the brink of death.

"We hear this almost every day, and I know that's startling," said Dr. Ganesan Abbu. "It's difficult ... to know that almost 100 per cent of our admissions have not been vaccinated."

"I think nurses have found it difficult to handle a community, certain segments of the community, who believe that this is a hoax, that the virus doesn't exist, and other untruths, like the vaccine is going to put a chip into each one of us who's been vaccinated and people will be able to track us," he said.

Abbu has personally experienced patients who, even nearing death, remained in denial and continued to assert untruths about the pandemic. "I've had two patients who have died and even right until the time that they died, they didn't believe that they had it," Abbu said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winkler-doctor-hospital-vaccine-hesitancy-1.6044904

Are people really that ignorant or are they that stupid to believe all these conspiracy theories ?

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2021, 09:02:02 PM »

Are people really that ignorant or are they that stupid to believe all these conspiracy theories ?
Likely they are in shock and acting irrational and it's more common in hospital settings than most other settings.  You could apply the same article to someone who just lost a loved one to a car accident or who got diagnosed with another disease and a small percent will act irrationally with disbelief of the situation.  Crappy situation and I don't envy healthcare workers for the abuse they take. Wouldn't want to be a security guard in a hospital, Covid or not.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2021, 08:21:03 AM »

YES!

Polio and Small Pox was a hoax too,right? ;)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2021, 09:56:31 AM »

...  Regarding "Flip flops" - there are 3 perfectly good reasons to switch back to a shorter time frame

They did what they were told IMHO in order to bolster the government's claims that the delay wasn't anything of an issue. Now that we finally have some numbers of vaccines rolling in, they actually revert to what they are / were supposed to be doing - provide accurate advice. That to me stinks of political interference and has flip-flop written all over it.

Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2021, 02:22:53 PM »

NO new cases in our district last week!!

Vancouver Island’s top 10 most-vaccinated communities

More than 60% of adults have had a dose of vaccine in all local health area on the Island except one

https://www.albernivalleynews.com/news/vancouver-islands-top-10-most-vaccinated-communities/

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2021, 05:29:43 PM »

They did what they were told IMHO in order to bolster the government's claims that the delay wasn't anything of an issue. Now that we finally have some numbers of vaccines rolling in, they actually revert to what they are / were supposed to be doing - provide accurate advice. That to me stinks of political interference and has flip-flop written all over it.

Nog

thank heavens people like you don't often get to run much of anything - let alone the world. In the current case we'd be waiting 5 years or more for a fully tested vaccine and would not have worn masks until all the science is in... oh but I forgot, you make exceptions for your own vigorous biases such the seal debate or the debate about government deficits.

Resume your normal programming
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 08:07:11 PM by RalphH »