Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crabbing off piers  (Read 16837 times)

LukeYVR

• I'm a llama lover..
Re:Crabbing off piers
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 05:09:23 PM »

Ahans, sorry..  
I thought about it before, too, and this came up..  :'(

http://www-comm.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/pages/sfg/areas/area28shell_e.htm

(Harvesting of crab, shrimp and prawns is closed between Lions Gate Bridge and the Second Narrows Bridge, all year. This closure is to avoid conflicts with navigational activity in the harbour )

The park pier is just a tiny bit west of the Second Narrows..

As you know, there usually is a big freighter docked for a grain company right beside the park, but if you ask me, no boats come so close to that park pier anyways..  Thanx to poachers, so little piers we can crab from..  :'(

There is also a water front park just East of the S.N.Bridge.  I wonder if they have a pier..  Even if it did,  it too  prolly has some excuse for a closure anyways..  >:(

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 07:26:52 PM »

This may be a dumb question but...where are people getting their information that Jericho is closed ? I have no objection to it being closed, but ust wondering where people are hearing this from.

That sounds great fun what you guys are saying about scaring the poachers...gotta try it some day....try not to get arrested too...hehe
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

JigHead

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2004, 08:09:04 PM »

heard it from a guy name steve that fishes at ambleside. hes the one that catches all the greenlings/cods/lingcods.