Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spooling centrepin reels  (Read 21913 times)

fisherforever

Re: Spooling centrepin reels
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »

maybe you should take your own advice before calling anglers beeks or newbies for fishing a different way than you do. who cares if someone wants to fight the fish with the clicker on. get over it and move on.
.                                                                                                                                                                     X 2.  Time to call the Waaaaambulance, fighting over the use of a clicker, childish!!!

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »

The only people i have seen use a clicker are beaks and guys on fishing shows. I did when I first learned how to pin fish but  quickly stopped when I realized it didnt do anything but make a lot of noise. To each their own though

Another young fella who I believe has only had a centerpin reel in his hand for a few years and now says this kinda stuff, sad when you think about it. I guess all spey fishermen who have the old classic reels that growl are beaks too eh, or should they also palm without the clicker on  their reels. You poor guys are lost in the show biz of a simple reel{s} that has been around longer than anyone on here, wake up !

Do whatever you prefer, myself ? I like the sound of my ol reel a screamin, keeps me comin back for more all the time, just like when you hit that 300 yard drive or hit one outta the park. Feels good and that's what it's all about, guess not so much for the young gun here and there, their too worried about lookin good out there in the yankee snap back lids and their white fluffy hoodies under their wader coat.......... blah blah blah.

TROY B

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 12:32:47 AM »

LOL I thought this was about spooling line on reels..Ahh Bentley waste of time  trying to get through to rookies like jc