Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old school nicomekl river fishing  (Read 21989 times)

joska

• Old Timer
Re: Old school nicomekl river fishing
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 06:54:10 AM »

Tight lines I beleive you are correct about the steelys. 1 guy told me its the only non hatch steel river left around here.
and we are gonna do anything we can to keep it like that... i want my kids to be able to enjoy what i was blessed with as a kid...
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 09:12:32 AM »

Grasshoppers are Beast LOL I used to use em in cali bass fishing out of the kayak dragging on the bottom.DEADLEY.I have tried crickets here but i think its too cold cause they die way too fast... ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

ssd0904

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 12:46:09 PM »

Is it still fishable? Is there any rainbow trouts in it? ??? I live in Langley and i've never went there. What rig and bait should i use?

fishstick

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »

the only reason there isn't hatchery steelhead in the nicomeckl is because the hatchery isn't allowed to raise steelhead or cutthroat, not because it is being preserved as some wild only river, there have been many types of fish brought from lots of other rivers and introduced in there, and the hatchery is probably the primary reason there is steelhead still in there if only because of the interest and hard work to protect it

costas

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »

ware are some areas that u would be able to catch fish on this river ..ive tred a few times never got nothing
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 10:50:02 PM »

not many will give up spots on the net... explore,if fish are around your bound to find em...

Matt99

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »

I fish the river and I have caught a couple of differrent coarse fish but I would like to try to catch a rainbow or cutthrout if anyone nows what to use (besides worms) that would be helpful.And also there is apparently small sturgen in there if any one nows if that's true or not please reply

carpenter

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 09:33:30 AM »

grew up on crescent rd.  The nick was across the street lot of  fishing there when i was little not many caught . My bro has been getting coho with small spinners in the fall , I know there are huge carp watched a old polish guy with a corn meal ball hammer some big ones and i believe at the fraser end of the river there might be some small sturg.  Have not fished it in a while but might check it out this fall see whats kickin around. ;)

Steelie1030

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 09:52:47 AM »

I fished the Nic in the fall late 70's. I trolled out of my canoe with an orange with black spots flatfish. Caught lots of cutts, a few coho and one wild steelhead. I remember the 'V' shapes in the still water that the coho would make on the way upstream.The river was never busy and very peaceful especially in the morning on an incoming tide. Did all of my fishing below the gate, took my young nephew out with me on occasion.He is now a full fledged fly fisherman and is now teaching his son....life goes on

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »

last year i spent a few hours walking that precious stream. some great little pools and some deep undercut banks..  not worth fishing tho... stay on the major streams...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:38:42 PM by tight-lines »

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 11:18:20 PM »

Lets go im socked out lol ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^